Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum, have been reading alot of posts about titans, and I think I have decided to get a titan. Can you help convince me so I know this is the truck I want.

A little about me, I am 18 years old and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I own my own business and I race motocross, so I tow alot of trailers. I am a mopar man, especially the muscle cars.

The titan is a 2008 Titan SE LB 4x2 Popular package and splashgaurds, White with Charcoal interior for $22,934 otd. Would this be a smart deal for this truck, any input and advice is greatly appreciated.
p.s. Great Forum

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal..
Go for it, you will not regret it !!!!
Mine has been great !!! Good luck....:cheers:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My truck even though it's a 2004 model has been pretty much problem free.

I've owned just about every brand, some good some bad, but the Titan is my favorite.

Do your research like I did and buy the best truck for you money. That's what i'll do when it comes time to trade in a year or so. I have never been brand loyal, if I can get more bang for my buck from Toyota and they give me a better deal than Nissan, guess what i'll be driving?

·
Registered
32 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a 2004 Titan LE 4X4. Had the brake problem like everyone else in the beginning and had it fixed. Other than that, not one single problem. I drive it to work, and tow a 31' travel trailer. Had the new differential cover put on in the back. Have towed that from Mass. down to DC, upper NY, upper Maine, and all about. I know Consumer Reports rates it as a bad risk for used, and I don't drive it a ton (3years 35,000mi) but it has been very good to me

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Get the Tow package since it comes with lower gearing. The bed is the exact same dimentions as the domestic i had before, i checked cause i race motocross too and wanted to be able to fit all my stuff. I raced up by you before, forgot the name but the track was built in like a huge creator! lol. The titan has so much more low end than any of the other offerings that its perfect when loaded. Shop around and deal eith them, like GM from my experience they sticker high and deal low. I picked up an 06 stickered at $31-32k and got it for 24 OTD. It was dec and the 07s where out
so they wanted to sell. Oh it was an LE also which is the leather and everything. I didnt even want leather but i got it cheaper than the SE!

TIP. Look in the driver doorjam and check the BUILD DATE. A build date more than a few month old ,means they just want to dump it cause it sbeen on the lot so long. Good luck and stick around after.

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Yes, it is a VERY good truck. Just make sure it meets your towing needs.
Mine is a pleasure to own.

Clint

·
Registered
679 Posts
For a 1/2 ton there's nothing else out there that touches it.... As mentioned, make sure it's within the weight you need to tow. To stay within the ratings of the truck your trailer should be no more than about 7500 lbs. That leaves room for you and a person or two in the cab and some other stuff.

I actually don't have a Titan anymore... I went to a Duramax because the wife wanted a 5th wheel. I'd buy another Titan again in an instant. There are a lot of things about it that I miss.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Slight515 said:
I am new to the forum, have been reading alot of posts about titans, and I think I have decided to get a titan. Can you help convince me so I know this is the truck I want.

A little about me, I am 18 years old and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I own my own business and I race motocross, so I tow alot of trailers. I am a mopar man, especially the muscle cars.

The titan is a 2008 Titan SE LB 4x2 Popular package and splashgaurds, White with Charcoal interior for $22,934 otd. Would this be a smart deal for this truck, any input and advice is greatly appreciated.
p.s. Great Forum
It would take a very large tractor, a lot of butter and some strippers to distract me long enough to pry my Titan from my hands.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I fell in love with my Titan, really didn't know what I was getting until I went to the dealership but greatful I got my baby. I would recommend that you do research before you buy I.E. looking on line for what options you want. I know that Nissan offers rebates which can lower the price. I would recommend that you get a 4x4 off-raod, tow package, I do regret very little that my mine is a 2WD but love it. When you "stomp on it" she gets up and goes and wants to keep going. I recommend the off-road cause it offers a skid plate for the front cause I looked under my baby and was hurt that her engine oil pan hangs low but can be fixed by buying one myself. I haven't towed anything yet but everyone on here says there Titan is great at towing. I will be experienced in towing as I am moving to Alaska from California and expect great things from my Titan. I hope you enjoy your Titan as much as I do if you chose to buy.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I love my truck.
A towing champ.
Dog likes it too and so does the wife.
And nothing has fallen off of it.
As hard as I use it, you would think something would have by now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
tnbowhunter said:
My truck even though it's a 2004 model has been pretty much problem free.

I've owned just about every brand, some good some bad, but the Titan is my favorite.

Do your research like I did and buy the best truck for you money. That's what i'll do when it comes time to trade in a year or so. I have never been brand loyal, if I can get more bang for my buck from Toyota and they give me a better deal than Nissan, guess what i'll be driving?
Your wife crazy???

PS The Titan is the funnest truck to drive. No doubt about that. Drive them all, and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for the help, sorry I did not get back sooner I was at a race this weekend. I have called around some more, and have decided to get my titan. I go to texas either later this week or early next week to pick it up. I am pretty sure I have found a good deal, but if anyone disagrees please let me know. Also which mods would give me the biggest bang for the bucK?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Slight515 said:
Thanks everyone for the help, sorry I did not get back sooner I was at a race this weekend. I have called around some more, and have decided to get my titan. I go to texas either later this week or early next week to pick it up. I am pretty sure I have found a good deal, but if anyone disagrees please let me know. Also which mods would give me the biggest bang for the bucK?
JBA exhaust any CAI kit and Uprev for all your tuning solutions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.