Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If regular grade gas was selling for $2.75 a gallon at the time you were considering purchasing a Titan, would you still have purchased the Titan?

Also curious about the price of gas in your part of the country. Here in Orange county (southern California) regular is around $2.05 a gallon. What prices are you seeing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
outahere said:
Also curious about the price of gas in your part of the country. Here in Orange county (southern California) regular is around $2.05 a gallon. What prices are you seeing?
In the western suburbs of Chicago I am paying an average of $1.64. Add 0.10 - 0.25 to that in the City of Chicago. The City of Chicago and Cook County taxes can kill you.

An interesting site if you are interested

GasPriceWatch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
outahere said:
If regular grade gas was selling for $2.75 a gallon at the time you were considering purchasing a Titan, would you still have purchased the Titan?

Also curious about the price of gas in your part of the country. Here in Orange county (southern California) regular is around $2.05 a gallon. What prices are you seeing?
$1.65 for 87 Octane here. Little cheaper for ethanol at 89 octane (Nebraska, the state flower is corn).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
$1.69 here in Knoxville, TN.

I would have bought the truck anyway. I don't drive it to work. I have a two-mile commute and a 33-year old Datsun for that, and some little motorcycles when gas gets really expensive.

The Titan is for hauling and trips, and I'll just buck up and pay through the nose.

You mean we invaded Iraq and gas prices went up? What the hell is wrong with this picture?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
Farmer Fred said:
You mean we invaded Iraq and gas prices went up? What the hell is wrong with this picture?
Can you say "the current administration"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Here in Colorado, regular is currently $1.45 (COSTCO 85 Ocatane), but it seems to be creeping up on a daily basis. Bad news for those of us who own trucks of ANY brand. Of course, that's not gonna be our only worry. As the gas prices go up, they are going to directly translate to higher expenses for every business and we're ALL going to notice that.

To address the first part of your question: I'm pretty sure I'd still buy a Titan. I really USE a pickup truck. Seems like I'm always hauling stuff, either for myself, my kids or someone else. Don't know what life would be like without a truck.

Now, let me pose a question to the forum...one that I've always wondered about: Why doesn't someone make a front-wheel drive pickup? I understand that 4x4 sales may plummet, but wouldn't the resultant FWD sales offset that? Using myself as an example, the only reason I buy 4WD is for the snow. I'm not an off-roader, but I do live in the country and I like to drive in the mountains. But a FWD vehicle would take care of those issues just fine. What are your thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Colorado said:
Now, let me pose a question to the forum...one that I've always wondered about: Why doesn't someone make a front-wheel drive pickup? I understand that 4x4 sales may plummet, but wouldn't the resultant FWD sales offset that? Using myself as an example, the only reason I buy 4WD is for the snow. I'm not an off-roader, but I do live in the country and I like to drive in the mountains. But a FWD vehicle would take care of those issues just fine. What are your thoughts?
When you tow, or put a big load in the bed, FWD is a disadvantage (reduced traction). VW used to sell a little FWD pickup years ago.

Sounds like those of us in California are paying a lot more for gas than those in the rest of the country! And it will only get worse for the next 6 months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
outahere said:
When you tow, or put a big load in the bed, FWD is a disadvantage (reduced traction). VW used to sell a little FWD pickup years ago.

Sounds like those of us in California are paying a lot more for gas than those in the rest of the country! And it will only get worse for the next 6 months.
That makes sense, outahere...I never considered that before. Now you know why I just drive 'em and don't design 'em.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,197 Posts
outahere said:
When you tow, or put a big load in the bed, FWD is a disadvantage (reduced traction). VW used to sell a little FWD pickup years ago.

Sounds like those of us in California are paying a lot more for gas than those in the rest of the country! And it will only get worse for the next 6 months.
Californians seem to be getting hit like that. Didn't I read that your electric costs went up like 3,000 % a little while back? "All the gold, in California is in a bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody elses name. . . ."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
damn

i also live in orange county, california, just filled up yesterday @ $2.13/ gallon!! all you people around the country are lucky as hell, us californians are gonna go broke this summer. when i got my TITAN gas prices were at a modest $1.65/gallon, now im gonna be paying in the upwards of $3 a gallon this summer. the public bus isn't sounding like such a bad idea now... :gunz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
try Canadian prices

Presently, our prices are $0.815 per litre. in Canuck loonies. That is $3.09 per US gallon in Canuck loonies. That makes about $2.26 $US per gallon. As your prices go up, so do ours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Gas prices...

At lunch I filled up the non-titan in my household (Lexus LS400) at $2.63 per gallon of premium. The same Chevron has 87 octant for $2.43. I think we here in San Diego are generally the worst in the country. Costco had gas lines over the weekend 15 cars deep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I THINK the recommended 87 octane gas is around $1.70 here, so far...I really don't pay attention to expenses like that...I love my Titan (which I figure was a real bargain for what it includes) and heck, I paid $2-3 a gallon for gas on vacation in Europe ten years ago...I just hope the gas prices level out before they slow down the economy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Farmer Fred said:
$1.69 here in Knoxville, TN.

The Titan is for hauling and trips, and I'll just buck up and pay through the nose.

You mean we invaded Iraq and gas prices went up? What the hell is wrong with this picture?
If, as many predict, gas is close to $3 a gallon this fall, G. Bush will most certainly be voted out of office. The federal energy policies in this country have been pathetic for the last 20 years, if not longer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DaveS said:
At lunch I filled up the non-titan in my household (Lexus LS400) at $2.63 per gallon of premium. The same Chevron has 87 octant for $2.43. I think we here in San Diego are generally the worst in the country. Costco had gas lines over the weekend 15 cars deep.
Ouch! Maybe you should fill up across the border, in Tijuana!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
The gas prices here in the San Diego area are already getting out of control
near $2.20/ gal. at many stations and on the rise. It really hurts the wallet now. This is the first V8 I've owned in many years. My timing could have been better but at least I have a fun vechicle to waste gas in.
You would think Bush would be able to get a discount on Iraqi gas. Lol!!!!
Is there really a shortage this time or is it just time to gouge us again?

This one is for the oil company's
:futwice:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I paid $1.61 in Massachusetts today for 87 octane. If gas prices were at 2.50 or up I would not have bought the Titan, or I would have bought a small used compact car to commute in and used the Titan for short trips and other times as needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
robertc said:
The gas prices here in the San Diego area are already getting out of control
near $2.20/ gal. at many stations and on the rise. It really hurts the wallet now. This is the first V8 I've owned in many years. My timing could have been better but at least I have a fun vechicle to waste gas in.
You would think Bush would be able to get a discount on Iraqi gas. Lol!!!!
Is there really a shortage this time or is it just time to gouge us again?

This one is for the oil company's
:futwice:
its all a conspiracy, they know its a big time for full-size trucks, they gonna milk us for every dollar.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top