Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 Nissan Titan SE. Customized it a bit with some aftermarket things like 22'' chrome rims, chrome grill, chrome fog ring covers, etc.

I also went and got the Angel Eyes projector headlights, even though those headlights are made for 2004-2006 models. I compared the size of a 2004 stock headlight vs my 2007 stock headlight and since it pretty much looked the same (and when I called the Nissan dealer they said they don't know for sure but seems like it should) I went and bought a pair of 2004-2006 Angel Eye projector headlights.

I took them to a local brake/tire shop (same place I got my rims and other stuff from) and had them install the headlights. They told me that the wiring is a bit different so they had to do some custom wiring to make it work.

So I got it back and it was looking OK. The lighting wasn't aligned right, so the right lights shot out higher than the left lights. And they didn't "project" that high at all. I had thought projector lights would be brighter and shot out higher than stock, but I guess not. And the Angel Eyes were very dim.

I think the reason they are really dim on my truck is that I have a 2007 Titan and I purchased the 2004-2006 Angel Eyes (I didn't see any 2007 ones out on the Net). I've search a few threads on here and the people who do have the Angel Eyes, it looks like the rings are pretty bright on yours, so I might be screwed :(

So anyways, I had to take my Titan in for service (some notice from Nissan saying my air conditioning unit needed to be fixed) and then I told the dealer to adjust the headlights since the lights are shooting out uneven. They said they didn't know how to work with aftermarket stuff, but they said they'd try. So they did but they said the wiring is loose and the wires can come out any second.

Lo and behold, when I drove off and got home, I turned the lights on to check and the lights weren't working. So now I'm in a dilema here. Don't really want to go back to the dealer to tell them to fix it because when they found out I had someone install the lights and did the custom wiring, they basically said they can't do anything, and I really don't want to press the issue because they can always turn around and say I voided the warranty by getting this custom wiring done.

So now I'm thinking I should go back to my brake/tire shop and tell them to either a) fix the angel eyes head light (if its not permanetly damaged) or b) put my stock ones back on OR c) drive around without the headlights working.

I have to do something soon since the headlight is not working. Everything else is working tho. Like the three little square lights and the two rings around the headlights and the parking light works, and the high beam when turned on works, its just the normal light that does not work. So when I drive now, the only major light at night that I have is the fog lights combined with the faint light around the angel eyes and the three little boxes that are really really bright.

I guess the questions for you guys is:

a) Are my Angel Eye headlights broken, or just loose wiring?
b) Anyway to brighten the light that is on the rings of the angel eyes? Currently its a faint purple color but I'd like to brighten it to as bright as the three little boxes of purple light on the tope of the headlight unit. Since I think I damaged the regular bulb, I don't have any headlights unless I reinstall my OEM lights back on, so until then, I have to drive around a lot with only my parking brakes on (only things on: my angel light rings, the three little mini squares, and my factory fog lights). If I get bright enough bulbs for my fog lights, then I'd have no problem driving around at night time with the fogs being my main source of light, while having the purple squares and angel eyes being bright enough to make it look like I'm making some attempt at being legal :)

Thanks in advance guys :rockon

·
Registered
219 Posts
Many members have said that the light output from the projectors is alot lower than the same output from the stock assembly. If you looking to get more light out of the projectors you need HIDs as far as the wiring goes to get the LEDs and halos to work they have to tie in the supplied wires into the stock parking lamps wiring this could be where you problem lies.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would make the people who did the install fix them. I have an 05 and my lights plugged right in. If yours are different, they would just have to tap the truck wires for the headlights like I had to do for the leds and halos, (not a big deal at all). Those lights aren't as bright and they are hard to adjust right in my opinion. Do a search on the headlight mod or look at my previous posts for it. You can paint your headlights while you have the others if you can fix them good enough to drive with. I loved the halo look and hated to get rid of them but there just wasn't enough light output. The painted lights look awesome though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts