Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here uses their Titan for work everyday? I mean carrying work related payload, trailering equipment or enclosed haulers for work, going to construction sites in out of the way places, and the like.

I need a new truck and have looked at the Titan, Tundra, and NBS Sierra.

I need an everyday truck that can haul people, cargo, and trailers while feeling good doing it. I own an equipment company that sells environmental treatment systems so we deliver sold equipment and trailer demo equipment that could run as high as 9,000 lbs. I also own a utility infrastructure construction company so I do the same, haul materials on trailers and mini-ex or skid steers. Travel off-road some for projects. I also travel on sales calls and its not strange for me to go 600 miles in a day for one sales call. Also gonna haul the wife and three kids in it. Travel in a year would be 20,000+ with hauling/towing about 25% of that in E. Tennessee.

Anyone here doing the above work description with their Titan or even anywhere close? I performed a search for some of the keywords but did not get much in the way of information. How about the differential issue?

What does the Titan Talk UG think of the Titan's ability to deliver under this scenario?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i work at a chemical plant and have seen a contractor there driving the same Titan as me. Red Alert, Big tow, and with running rails. even i had to do a double take to make sure the guy didn't jack my ride.:jester:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been using my 06 Titan LE King Cab as a daily work truck for just over a year and love it. I work in new home construction so I can be carrying anything from lumber to equipment nearly every day so I especially like the flexibility of the utili-track. I also have a 16 foot utility trailer which the Titan pulls with ease. I too use the truck for personal use ... especially in the winter so my wife and I enjoy the extra luxury in the LE.

Two negatives ... the OEM tires suck (four flats in the last 2 months due to screws and nails) and most people think I'm making too much money if I can drive such a nice truck.

Dan

·
Registered
204 Posts
how often would you be pulling 9k lbs around?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Use Mine For Landscape Work..i Have Hauled Lots Of Weight In The Bed..no Trailer Weight To Speak Of..i Love The Truck Gas Milage Sucks.its My Every Day Ride.i Haul The Kids And Wife In It.6 Inch Lift 35 Tires= 10 Mpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts