Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the titan is back at the dealership again for somethign like the 10th time or so now...

I thought the brakes were leaking but it turns out it is the axle itself leaking on the rear drivers side on my rims. They siad they are going to repalce the entire axle.

They are also going to spray in another layer of bedliner over my existing one because it is turning white. They told me nissan has a new compound that does not turn white like the old one... I wish they would just spray Line-X...

They gave me the truck back while the parts are on order. They said they will need the truck for 2 days once the parts arive.

I also had the following problems addressed.

Passenger's sun visor flops back and fourth when pulled down.
Steering wheel squeeks and creaks constantly after driving for about 20 minutes..(annoying like fingernails on the chalkboard)

They could not reproduce the steeringwheel issue since it only starts up after 10-15 minues and gets worse untill you reach your destination. BUt I took the tech in a ride after and he started to hear it more the longer I drove around. So this will be fixed next visit as well.

They could also not reproduce the problem I asked a few weeks ago. When the truck is cold and I make a hard left turn into my driveway in the morning on the way to work, and then again when the truck is cold leaving work I get what sounds like brake squeel while making a turn. I can't reproduce it for the dealership becase once I get there the Truck is wamred up and the noises stop.

Perhaps the noise is actualy from the axle that they are replacing, it's sorta higher pitched sound similar to brake squeel but I can't point out the exact location.

I'm starting to seriously consider selling the truck at this point. It seems to have about the same number of problems as my old V6 SE Hardbody with 320k on it... I'm in the shop way to often to still consider myself a satisfied nissan customer. When it's working there is nothing I would rather be driving, but I'm afraid I won't be able to afford allt he repairs once it is out of warranty.

What is going to happen when I put another 30k on it and the axle needs to be replaced AGAIN? I only have 24k on it right now, and my warranty is about up in a few thousand miles!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
Well the titan is back at the dealership again for somethign like the 10th time or so now...

I thought the brakes were leaking but it turns out it is the axle itself leaking on the rear drivers side on my rims. They siad they are going to repalce the entire axle.

They are also going to spray in another layer of bedliner over my existing one because it is turning white. They told me nissan has a new compound that does not turn white like the old one... I wish they would just spray Line-X...

They gave me the truck back while the parts are on order. They said they will need the truck for 2 days once the parts arive.

I also had the following problems addressed.

Passenger's sun visor flops back and fourth when pulled down.
Steering wheel squeeks and creaks constantly after driving for about 20 minutes..(annoying like fingernails on the chalkboard)

They could not reproduce the steeringwheel issue since it only starts up after 10-15 minues and gets worse untill you reach your destination. BUt I took the tech in a ride after and he started to hear it more the longer I drove around. So this will be fixed next visit as well.

They could also not reproduce the problem I asked a few weeks ago. When the truck is cold and I make a hard left turn into my driveway in the morning on the way to work, and then again when the truck is cold leaving work I get what sounds like brake squeel while making a turn. I can't reproduce it for the dealership becase once I get there the Truck is wamred up and the noises stop.

Perhaps the noise is actualy from the axle that they are replacing, it's sorta higher pitched sound similar to brake squeel but I can't point out the exact location.

I'm starting to seriously consider selling the truck at this point. It seems to have about the same number of problems as my old V6 SE Hardbody with 320k on it... I'm in the shop way to often to still consider myself a satisfied nissan customer. When it's working there is nothing I would rather be driving, but I'm afraid I won't be able to afford allt he repairs once it is out of warranty.

What is going to happen when I put another 30k on it and the axle needs to be replaced AGAIN? I only have 24k on it right now, and my warranty is about up in a few thousand miles!

Sorry to hear about the issues -

For a little humor, if you have 24k on it now, 30k from now it will be at 54k. Your powertrain warranty is 60k!!!

good luck!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Justin--if you need a new axle, please file your complaint at the following site and reply with the ODI #.

thanks
white

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whiteLE said:
Justin--if you need a new axle, please file your complaint at the following site and reply with the ODI #.

thanks
white
what site? The one in the diff failure thread? My Diff is ok, it's leaking out of the axle seal onto my rim and brake disk. ODI number is what?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just took my 04 to the dealer today because left rear axle seal was leaking. Dealer called me back and said it spun a bearing and thier going to replace the whole rear end assembly. He said their having problems with them. They gave me a rental and it should be done Monday.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll probably get a rental as well but they said they could have everything done in 2 days including the beadliner...

OID = 10169973 Saw your post in the other forum. Will consider doing the breather mod...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts