Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 Titan 4wd Crewcab with a long bed that was involved in a slight wreck that left the frame bent. Can someone tell me what the measurments for checking another used frame to make sure it is not bent also?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Is your insurance covering the swap? Here in washington if there is even the slightest bit of frame damage, they total the vehicle. And from experience, a frame swap is going to take quite some time

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The bent Raptor thread said something like 34 hours book time, IIRC. Probably take longer if you have not done it before.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Well last summer I was rearended in my dads 07 Ram 3500, I came to a dead stop, lady behind me didn't. She hit me going about 50-55mph. Needless to say it bent the F*CK out of the rear end. They didn't total it, strictly because the truck has upwards of 60k in aftermarket parts on it. Long story short, 2.5 months later he got the truck back with a new frame. My favorite part was the lady driving... No insurance, no license, gave false info to the popo, and was driving her brothers car. I don't think that farmers ever found her

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well last summer I was rearended in my dads 07 Ram 3500, I came to a dead stop, lady behind me didn't. She hit me going about 50-55mph. Needless to say it bent the F*CK out of the rear end. They didn't total it, strictly because the truck has upwards of 60k in aftermarket parts on it. Long story short, 2.5 months later he got the truck back with a new frame. My favorite part was the lady driving... No insurance, no license, gave false info to the popo, and was driving her brothers car. I don't think that farmers ever found her
OUCH!!!!!! That F-ing sucks man!!!! I think I wou;ld have to hire a private investigator and stalk that B&%^$! Does your dad's truck drive the same? In all the stories I have ever heard about frame damage, people usually say that the ride is never the same or the squeaks are horrible, etc.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
OUCH!!!!!! That F-ing sucks man!!!! I think I wou;ld have to hire a private investigator and stalk that B&%^$! Does your dad's truck drive the same? In all the stories I have ever heard about frame damage, people usually say that the ride is never the same or the squeaks are horrible, etc.
Honestly, it drives better now haha. But right now its in the shop AGAIN, because he blew his ATS tranny to shreds. Guess who towed him home? The lowly Titan :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The slight wreck was actually really slight. Drove off of a 3 foot dirt cliff. The front left tire bent back 2 inches. The frame on that side buckled behind the wheel. Thank you all for the dementions. I can make sure the new used frame is straight now before putting it in. Thanks Again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts