Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the many threads about the staining for the cloth seats, but I was very curious if any went so far as to go to stealership and demand something be done since if its under warranty?

Im just tired of the constant cleaning, I mean water stains those things WATER (wtf) and I think Nissan should at least admit that the material sux. Just had to rant a bit, it rained today. :soap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Yeah, we all have this problem and yeah it really sucks.

good seat covers are the way to go..Some good wet oklies (sp?) or Cosco has some as well as autoanything.com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Stains?

The only thing that could possibly stain my trucks interior is the ever so slight cup of coffee I buy or bring, and even then, I only get a stain on my shirt.

Must be kids, and even then, an ounce of prevention goes... ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
823 Posts
They may have changed the material on the seats for 08. I know in my 07 if I even think about water when I look at the seats they stain. I am with you Jfree. I just don't see how even clean water can leave such a nasty stain. I have been looking at doing leather seat covers. I love my titan and not having to constantly clean the seat fabric would make me love it even more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dc_909 said:
Stains?

The only thing that could possibly stain my trucks interior is the ever so slight cup of coffee I buy or bring, and even then, I only get a stain on my shirt.

Must be kids, and even then, an ounce of prevention goes... ;)

Well let me clarify, I have an 06 and apparantly they got the fabric right on the 08 models. Anything below the 08's water, yes water, will stain the seats and I use to detail cars for a living and any kind of blemish on my Titan gets under my skin. I dont thinks it right that any Titan owner should be forced to buy seat covers or have to constanly clean thier seats because of poor fabric material. Oh, I have a 5 month old and she rides in the back :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Jfree said:
Well let me clarify, I have an 06 and apparantly they got the fabric right on the 08 models. Anything below the 08's water, yes water, will stain the seats and I use to detail cars for a living and any kind of blemish on my Titan gets under my skin. I dont thinks it right that any Titan owner should be forced to buy seat covers or have to constanly clean thier seats because of poor fabric material. Oh, I have a 5 month old and she rides in the back :thumbsup:
Your right,anything before 08 stinks.Seat covers are worth their weight in gold in this truck and I can't wait to get some for the front seats.Just trying to make up my mind which covers I want to get.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,263 Posts
Wet Okoles - neoprene
Katzkins - leather

Two of the better options for covers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Iggee "synthetic" leather covers? I see them on ebay all the time, and the fit looks decent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I too thought about the seatcovers, but isn't the side airbag / curtain made into the side of the seat? Or is it only in the headliner or pillar?

Thanks..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
823 Posts
Katzkins run about $700. I have found other leather kits that start around $400. Both prices are for front and rear seats. If you tackle the install yourself not a bad price. If you have it done I am told you can expect $300 to $600 in labor, ouch!!!! All in all though this would be a nice upgrade. I expect to be doing it in the spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
What product to you guys use to clean the seats with?? I have not found anything yet that works really well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I just sprayed the seats and carpets on my 08 with Scotchguard, will see how much that helps. I have been known to spill my coffee and with the color of the Pro-X4 seats it does have me worried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
I just put the Katzkin leather seats on. The only 2 places that I found to install them were an hour away and they were charging $1000-$1200 installed. I paid under $700 and did my self with no experience or instructions.:smoke:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
823 Posts
all torque said:
I just put the Katzkin leather seats on. The only 2 places that I found to install them were an hour away and they were charging $1000-$1200 installed. I paid under $700 and did my self with no experience or instructions.:smoke:
Pictures???????:crybaby:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
When I got my truck the stealership provided a demo the the seat fabric protection they added - the sales guy spilled some coffee on the front seat. All that happened was it beaded up and stayed on top of the fabric while he went into the shop and got a towel to wipe up the mess.

The warranty I have on the seat fabric basically reads if it doesn't wipe off I can take it in to be steamed cleaned. If it still doesn't come out, they'll replace the seat covers or seat - for the next 8 years/120K miles.

I'm not to worried about the truck interior - except for the plastic - I'm probably going to scratch it sooner or later - this isn't covered unless it breaks.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top