Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Nissan could have done a better job with the color selections made available for the Titan. My plan is to buy a Titan SE 4x4 KC next year because I want an '05. When it comes time to order I just don't know what color I will pick, none of them make me very happy and I don't think Nissan will change colors in only the 2nd year, so I will be stuck with a color I'm not thrilled with for 8 years or so.

Here are my two pennies...
Radiant Silver- looks good but hides the chrome details I'm paying extra to get on the SE model.
Deep Water- dark blue, too dark, will show scratches and stone chips
Sedona- dark bronze, too dark, see Deep Water
Copper- champagne, one of my favorites but it comes with two tone sand and grey interior, the doors and the dash put together look like an error...
Canteen Green- dark military, yet another too dark color
Galaxy Black- yuk
Smoke- very dark grey, why not a lighter grey, there are already so many dark colors to choose from
White- flattens out beautiful shape and hides the strong fender bulges
Red Brawn- why can't I just have a bright red and not a dark maroon...

Looking at some of the other products I see all sorts of options I would be more than happy with.
350Z- Redline, LeMans Sunset
Xterra- Solar Yellow
Murano- Sunlit Copper

Just because it is a truck does not mean the colors have to all be conservative...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beuaty is in the eye of the beholder no doubt. You also raise a good point. My wife who is a color consultant noticed immediately that Nissan mixed "warm and cold" colors" by using sand and steel Even the brocure looks hideous with the interior doors in sand and the rest in steel....Best to get the graphite. As for color choices, you are right.....but if you look at the colors on a cloudy day vs sunny or hazy they will always have different contrast.....look again, don't worry, be happy. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I would have to disagree...all of the colors Nissan chose look great. It's just a matter of which one you like the most. And of course....if you don't like the ones that come from the factory, there's always custom paint jobs if you want to pay for it.....

·
Registered
514 Posts
I disagree as well, especially when it comes to Galaxy Black being "yuk". For some, black isn't an option because it shows dirt easier. But for others, like myself, that don't mind keeping it clean, nothing looks better than a clean black vehicle.

They stuck with standard colors instead of using odd colors that have little resale value in a couple years. I mean, how many mint green Chevy Berettas do you see on the road these days, except for the occasional college student who can't afford anything else? ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I justed piked up my sedona crew cab. I thought the color would be a bit lighter, like the orange on the xterra. It is darker than I expected, but it changes a bit in the sun and shade. I am impressed.
The deep water looked like it changed a bit in the sun too.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color is very much a personal choice I completely agree. My point is they could have provided a better selection as in a greater diversity of choices. Most of the colors are dark; they could have added a few bright ones. Obviously there will always be a group of people who like these colors, but also obvious is the fact that there is also a group who does not.

I don't like black because I have no intention of trying to make a black truck look clean; I have two other cars I baby, not the truck.

I suspect I will end up with the Red Brawn, but I sure would be happier if it was lighter/brighter.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
excelent3 said:
My wife who is a color consultant noticed immediately that Nissan mixed "warm and cold" colors" by using sand and steel Even the brocure looks hideous with the interior doors in sand and the rest in steel....
She is a smart lady!

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i love my :smoke: color, not too dark and not too light, just right. and chicks dig it:doublekis just don't tell my wife that :hahano:

let me add that the sand/steel combo grows on you. i actually first did not care for it, but now i love it...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prometheus said:
let me add that the sand/steel combo grows on you. i actually first did not care for it, but now i love it...
I can only hope this is true because I really like the Copper choice.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My favorites were silver and smoke. I don't like the chrome anyways so i got the silver cuz it was my favorite. If they had a type of blue that would be awesome cuz that is my favorite color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now keep in mind i've got a galaxy, so I'm partial to it. I've owned 4 black cars previous, when kept clean there is no other color that compares to it especially with the chrome. If you don't mind cleaning it, it's great. I also went with the sand/steel combo, after I saw it in person I was sold. The dealership had the graphite in stock but I had him go find me one with sand/steel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We bought a silver one and the chrome looks great on it when it's all shined up. We also went with sand/steel. Didn't really want it at first but it kinda grows on you. I like it alot now.

·
Registered
497 Posts
everyone knows that silver is the purtiest. :eveilgrin

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Quad T said:
I think Nissan could have done a better job with the color selections made available for the Titan. My plan is to buy a Titan SE 4x4 KC next year because I want an '05. When it comes time to order I just don't know what color I will pick, none of them make me very happy and I don't think Nissan will change colors in only the 2nd year, so I will be stuck with a color I'm not thrilled with for 8 years or so.

Here are my two pennies...
Radiant Silver- looks good but hides the chrome details I'm paying extra to get on the SE model.
Deep Water- dark blue, too dark, will show scratches and stone chips
Sedona- dark bronze, too dark, see Deep Water
Copper- champagne, one of my favorites but it comes with two tone sand and grey interior, the doors and the dash put together look like an error...
Canteen Green- dark military, yet another too dark color
Galaxy Black- yuk
Smoke- very dark grey, why not a lighter grey, there are already so many dark colors to choose from
White- flattens out beautiful shape and hides the strong fender bulges
Red Brawn- why can't I just have a bright red and not a dark maroon...

Wow, it must be difficult for you to find a suitable woman, with only blond, black, red, and brown to choose from.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've got the Silver, but I bet the color that is less chosen, say the Sedona when outrigged properly is gonna really turn some heads and will probably be the "classy" ride out of the group.

Yes, I turned one down. My dealer traded for a 4x4 with everything I wanted on it and it was a Sedona. I was afraid of the resale value and how my Camo top would look on it so I was gonna take black or silver whatever showed up first.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Quad T said:

SEMA had a Lifted Yellow, look to the right lower down on the page.
http://www.fourwheelperformance.com/sema_2003_trucks.php

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Optimist said:
Quad T said:

SEMA had a Lifted Yellow, look to the right lower down on the page.
http://www.fourwheelperformance.com/sema_2003_trucks.php
Yeah, I like that yellow too!! It looks wicked on the Titan! When I get my Titan I am thinking about doing a custom paint job...that yellow would be nice

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got it down to two colors

Canteen :rolleyes:
and or
Smoke :smoke:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well if the sun ever decides to shine again here I will be down at the dealer looking them over again. I must admit the Canteen and Red Brawn look much better when it is sunny out.

In a way I'm sort of leaning towards the Canteen because I have been driving a Maroon XE-V6 4x4 KC for the last 8 years...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts