Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed 2 weeks of Nissan training in Chicago and the instructor told us that Nissan is coming out with a Titan powered by Cummins. I'm sure that most of you have heard this. Also I was told that Chrysler will be selling the Versa but with the Chrysler badges. He had also mentioned that Isuzu will be selling the Frontier with their own type of badges. Just a little FYI.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
a cummins? thats sweet! i was kinda worried when i herd it was gonna be a navistar set up...

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
More rumors. It was put out it would be a Cummins a long time ago, then it was the Navistar, then something else, now this.... I'm all for a diesel Titan, but let's not get all twisted up. I really wish Nissan themselves would say something definite.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Could be a cummings since dodge owns the contract for now and i heard some partenership with chryser :(. anyways isuzi is gm companioned its actually Suzuki

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
As much as I'd like to believe this statement, I just can't. Like Sammy said, just about all of the diesel manufactures have been rumored to supply the diesel for the Titan. I'll believe what's going in there when I hear it straight from the horses mouth...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work for Nissan and heard it from the horses mouth. The instructor knows this for sure due to the fact that he has to get trained on them so he can train the techs. He said they are starting to put together the training course for when it comes out. As for my Isuzu comment, I'm fairly sure I heard him say that they were going to sell the Frontier. I could have misunderstood him. I wouldn't have started this thread if I wasn't sure it was going to happen.

·
Registered
662 Posts
TitanTech659 said:
I work for Nissan and heard it from the horses mouth. The instructor knows this for sure due to the fact that he has to get trained on them so he can train the techs. He said they are starting to put together the training course for when it comes out. As for my Isuzu comment, I'm fairly sure I heard him say that they were going to sell the Frontier. I could have misunderstood him. I wouldn't have started this thread if I wasn't sure it was going to happen.
I hope your right.:werd:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Finally, a Diesel Titan! Please, Not a rebadged Ram diesel named 'Titan'...But, I can't see Isuzu rebadgeing a Frontier when they now are in cahoots with GM. Their I-series is already a Colorado/Canyon variant.:eh: Now, plans for Suzuki to sell a rebadged Frontier is already in the works....

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If this is perhaps true (but I'm not going to hold my thumb on my *** about it), did he say what type of Cummins it would be? More than likely an Inline 6, but I'm talking about displacement.

·
Registered
978 Posts
will it be a light duty? heavy duty? or both?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know whether to be excited or annoyed. So many rumors. I'll wait till I see one on the lot... and test drive it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unless Dodge is part of this there's no way they would be down for Cummins to build an engine for Nissan. Plus i find it hard to beleive they would be planning a diesel when the CEO said himself they might stop making the Titan all together.

·
Registered
74 Posts
TitanTech659 said:
I just completed 2 weeks of Nissan training in Chicago and the instructor told us that Nissan is coming out with a Titan powered by Cummins. I'm sure that most of you have heard this. Also I was told that Chrysler will be selling the Versa but with the Chrysler badges. He had also mentioned that Isuzu will be selling the Frontier with their own type of badges. Just a little FYI.

Isuzu is owned by GM. Nissan has no relationships with them currently.

But Nissan is AXEing the current Titan design and will be allowing Dodge to make them a truck to replace the Titan under the Titan name. As of this moment, the Versa badged as a Chrysler will only be sold in Africa.

·
Registered
74 Posts
krc333 said:
Unless Dodge is part of this there's no way they would be down for Cummins to build an engine for Nissan. Plus i find it hard to beleive they would be planning a diesel when the CEO said himself they might stop making the Titan all together.

True only about the part the Titan is being discontinued, but they will continue to have the Titan but it will be a Dodge truck built for Nissan with the cummings..

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Endurance57 said:
Isuzu is owned by GM. Nissan has no relationships with them currently.

But Nissan is AXEing the current Titan design and will be allowing Dodge to make them a truck to replace the Titan under the Titan name. As of this moment, the Versa badged as a Chrysler will only be sold in Africa.
So what ur saying is its gunna fall apart on the freeway. nice

·
Registered
511 Posts
Diesels are coming, there coming in cars and in trucks. The head of Toyota said they will have to do it in their trucks to meet future gas mileage requirements, not to mention it is what us consumers want.

My read on the Nissan Dodge relationship is that Dodge may supply the heavy trucks and they will share development costs with each other. I have been wrong before.

Last I heard GM does not own Isuzu but had a contract with them to make their diesel powerplants. I heard that contract expired (but I do not follow GM closely) which is why they are going in house on there half ton diesel powerplant. I contend the previous poster about GM owning Isuzu is incorrect.

As to the Cummins issue, I thought that contract (about the exclusiveness) had expired as well?

The head of Toyota has announced in the mainstream press that the 2009 Tundra will have a diesel V8.

Message to the bean counter running Nissan: I'll be happy to buy a diesel Titan. I'll be happy to buy a diesel Tundra if you don't make one. If I wanted a Dodge I would have one already.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I hope it will be 2011 when they come out. That is when my truck will be paid off and I will be ready to buy another new truck. :bump: :eek:ldschool

1 - 20 of 56 Posts