Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I was prepared to live with my '04 4x4's rear axle seal replacements, and the new whine from the rearend (112,000 miles)...BUT, now the front differential is raising hell, and I'm thinking about a full gear replacement front and back.

I'm not opposed to spending a little money, provided I get better that 150,000 out of the next set!! Anyone gone through a gear upgrade? Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
NOHEARTBEAT said:
Hey folks,
I was prepared to live with my '04 4x4's rear axle seal replacements, and the new whine from the rearend (112,000 miles)...BUT, now the front differential is raising hell, and I'm thinking about a full gear replacement front and back.

I'm not opposed to spending a little money, provided I get better that 150,000 out of the next set!! Anyone gone through a gear upgrade? Any suggestions are welcome.
Trutrac for the rear, OEM for the front (I believe the only choice...)

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I had problems with the front shafts pulling out because of the C-clip design. They installed a new diff and I haven't had further problems (yet).

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Well, since your 4wd, the only choice for the front is stock parts right now.

Tru Trac for the rear as already stated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks, not alot of options yet. I'd been considering the Tru Trac when the flont end started to go-- Thanks again, NOHEARTBEAT

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Bestatchess,

Since you mentioned it, what does the front shafts feel like when the c clips are weakening....I wonder if this might be part of my recent noice elevation??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts