Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2006 Titan that has a performance cool air intake but still has the stock exhaust system. I'm wondering if the because it has an intake that it might be sucking in more and not getting rid of it fast enough with the stock exhaust system. Should i put a performance exhaust system on it? And if i do would it increase my gas milage?

If anyone has any information about this please let me know.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
jlandonj said:
I just recently bought a 2006 Titan that has a performance cool air intake but still has the stock exhaust system. I'm wondering if the because it has an intake that it might be sucking in more and not getting rid of it fast enough with the stock exhaust system. Should i put a performance exhaust system on it? And if i do would it increase my gas milage?

If anyone has any information about this please let me know.
A performance exhaust will make your engine more efficient and therefore, the potential is there to increase your mileage by 1 (maybe 2mpg if you're lucky) if you can continue to drive it nice and easy, but it seems that most people like the sound and performance and can't keep the foot off the pedal :jester:.
I wouldn't spend my money on a performance exhaust with the hopes of increasing mpg.... I bought my exhaust because I like the sound, to make a few more HP, and *then* if I get better mileage that's good too :cheers:
bottom line is we are driving 5,000 + pound bricks with 300+ hp... not MPG machines :teethmast

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fox Delta said:
A performance exhaust will make your engine more efficient and therefore, the potential is there to increase your mileage by 1 (maybe 2mpg if you're lucky) if you can continue to drive it nice and easy, but it seems that most people like the sound and performance and can't keep the foot off the pedal :jester:.
I wouldn't spend my money on a performance exhaust with the hopes of increasing mpg.... I bought my exhaust because I like the sound, to make a few more HP, and *then* if I get better mileage that's good too :cheers:
bottom line is we are driving 5,000 + pound bricks with 300+ hp... not MPG machines :teethmast

Awww man.....thanks for bursting my bubble.....I thought 14 mpg was good...:crying:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
master_1011 said:
Awww man.....thanks for bursting my bubble.....I thought 14 mpg was good...:crying:
It IS!!!! I'm only getting 11.5-12 MPG these days! Many factors involved, but still... :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
master_1011 said:
like blackb said 14 is pretty good -

I too get 10-11MPG:blush:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh...well then...my bubble live on. I average 14.9 MPG on mix of city/highway.

I'm driving from San Diego to Salt Lake City next month, so I'll see what 800 miles of pure highway nets me.....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
master_1011 said:
Oh...well then...my bubble live on. I average 14.9 MPG on mix of city/highway.

I'm driving from San Diego to Salt Lake City next month, so I'll see what 800 miles of pure highway nets me.....
Good luck on that run - it really depends on the winds once you get out there and rollin. I went from Sacramento to Colorado Springs and got 12.8 - 13.6 but I was fighting strong side and headwinds all day. Plus I was travelling @80-90mph. the wind was gusting so hard it ripped the front fender liner off the front bumper....

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
It IS!!!! I'm only getting 11.5-12 MPG these days! Many factors involved, but still... :D
I don't know if you heard but I got 20.8 recently :futwice:

·
Registered
106 Posts
matthews said:
I don't know if you heard but I got 20.8 recently :futwice:
I doubt it, you were distracted by your boobtiful girlfriend next to you:rofl:
Don't worry, were still voting for her...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts