Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my driver door not opening from the outside in the mornings when it's cold.:flame: Not very happy, I have to crawl over the passenger side to open door. Works fine after it warms up in the afternoon. Any help would be appreciated.

And another thing is, my titan rattles really bad going down the city streets. Our streets aren't the best. they are kinda of rough. I took the skid plate off and that wasn't it. Sounds like it's coming from the front. I did the 08 springs with bilstein's about 6 months ago on the bottom setting. not very happy with the little to no improvement on ride comfort. I've been in lots of other trucks and my T is not a smooth ride at all with the so called upgrade. The noise sounds like its coming from the grill. This is the best i can describe it, so if anyone has any suggestions please give them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mine had what sounds like a similar rattle and location. In my case it turned out to be the hood pin rattling around in the latch, as if the spec for the latch was built to secure a larger thickness pin than what was installed. The latch didn't look adjustable to me, so all I did was wrap multiple layers of electrical tape around the pin to effectively make the pin diameter larger, while at the same time using a material that will deaden the metal on metal rattle.

A quieter, tighter fit, if a bit Jerry-rigged.

Just go out to your truck, and with the hood down and secured, see if you have any up and down movement of the hood. It's not much - maybe a 1/4" of movement - but at least for me that was the "rattle."

Reactions: fpj66

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
my truck is very smooth on the hwy and regular roads, I have the bilsteins HD's. Currently my truck has 85k and not one rattle or sweak
just take another look and feel around and try finding the rattle buy you'll find it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I believe there was a TSB on the door handles .

Reactions: fpj66

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as far as the rattle, I did just that and put some tape around the hood pin and it was gone. I can't believe it. Something so simple. Thank you very much.

As far as the overall ride of my truck since the new suspension. The cracks in the road are the same. But i noticed a big difference on the big ones like; railroad crossings, dirt road wash outs, some minimal maintenance roads.

On the door issue, i'll have to do some more research on that. Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i found a thread with the TSB. Can you explain to me exactly what it really means? Does that mean the dealership has to pay for it or me?

·
Registered
372 Posts
It gives the dealership a heads up that their is an issue with the door handles and to replace them . That is if you are still under warranty,if not you could do the fix yourself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts