Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - saw a Titan on a recent very short trip through Hawaii. I didn't have the chance to check out a dealership. An awesome truck. I would like to import one to Australia and was wondering what diesel motors they came with, if any. My 3.0 litre Patrol id getting a bit tired and I thought these would be great.

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
We only wish they came with a diesel. You can get a Titan with any engine/transmission combination you want, as long as it's a 5.6l gas engine with a 5 speed auto transmission.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Just ask cnalick to build you a cummins powered one with a solid front axle. Otherwise you're SOL as they only come with the gas chugging 5.6 V8 and 5spd tranny like ^ said.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hi guys - saw a Titan on a recent very short trip through Hawaii. I didn't have the chance to check out a dealership. An awesome truck. I would like to import one to Australia and was wondering what diesel motors they came with, if any. My 3.0 litre Patrol id getting a bit tired and I thought these would be great.
No Diesel for the Titan. What does gasoline cost there in Australia? Remember, this truck only gets about 13 to 15 MPG so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Maybe you could find someone to trade you for your Patrol. :D You guys want more Titans over there and we want more Patrols over here... - LOL.... Just keep in mind that the Titan averages only around 560km per Tank of gasoline depending on which gearing you get.

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
The Titan would be a BIG truck for over there. During my stay, I saw one Ford Superduty truck. I sure saw a lot of this type of work truck, though, from both Holden and form Ford.

Reactions: BFALCO126

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
^^^Thats tight! where can I get one?!?! oh and do you think i could bedliner it??

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
The Titan would be a BIG truck for over there. During my stay, I saw one Ford Superduty truck. I sure saw a lot of this type of work truck, though, from both Holden and form Ford.

Slap that truck bed onto one of these and we'd have a real winner. :D

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
LOL...WTF is that? It looks like a VW GTI with a "bed". The old El camino was bigger!
It's actually the same size as an El Camino. They're common, and they CAN be gotten with a V8 which was something else you don't see a lot of over there.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
if you had a titan in australia you'd be bad azz...i only saw those modern el caminos over there..pulling boats even! I love australia.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Yeah that el camino thing, in the Holden version can be equipped with the ls2!!! How badass! Fast runs to the Home depot for sure haha..

·
Super Moderator
161,490 Posts
That seemed to be the type vehicle of choice to get cubic inches in. As for true "passenger" vehicles...not so much. Here's a pic of a cement truck I took in Manly. Cutest damn thing you ever saw! :lol:

minicretetruckmanley.JPG

Mini-Crete. For sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys - I think I will have to wait for Nissan to sort out a decent diesel motor for the new patrol - although I could die of old age waiting. FYI Fuel is about $5.50 a gallon here at the moment. My patrol gets about 18 mpg when towing a 1.5 ton camper trailer and about 21MPG on a trip so I don't think I could afford to run a Titan after all.

Don't laugh at our utilities (pickups) they were invented here by a Ford engineer named Lewis Bandt in the 30's. We've got lots of 'em running around with big V8's. We're just never going to have the same vehicles you do which is a pity - our market is too small.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks guys - I think I will have to wait for Nissan to sort out a decent diesel motor for the new patrol - although I could die of old age waiting. FYI Fuel is about $5.50 a gallon here at the moment. My patrol gets about 18 mpg when towing a 1.5 ton camper trailer and about 21MPG on a trip so I don't think I could afford to run a Titan after all.

Don't laugh at our utilities (pickups) they were invented here by a Ford engineer named Lewis Bandt in the 30's. We've got lots of 'em running around with big V8's. We're just never going to have the same vehicles you do which is a pity - our market is too small.

I think you're lucky to have a Patrol!!! Those things are nice, I like the slightly older ones, like 3-5 yrs ago, something about the newest ones seems to have lost 'that' special look. Be awesome to have a T and a Patrol.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Love the look of this one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts