Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but my ex-son in law decided that his Titan was more than my truck could handle. It appears he has been watching too many Titan commercials. I took my grandson home and his dad asked me if i was ready for his Titan. I said "sure...anytime you feel froggy just jump". He said he was feeling a bit froggy now. I said, then we need to end this. It wasn't pretty and it didn't last long. I gave him the jump and had him by 6 trucks in the first block. :crying: I asked him if he needed/wanted a rematch and he said he had enough. The kids got a charge out of watching it but he wasn't happy. I think the worse part was his son telling him his truck was wimpy... I tried to tell him he wasn't in my "class" but he didn't want to hear it. :teeth:

·
Registered
781 Posts
whta mods are done becuase you have some major power i din't know the 2002 had the blower

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
fepony said:
Sorry guys but my ex-son in law decided that his Titan was more than my truck could handle. It appears he has been watching too many Titan commercials. I took my grandson home and his dad asked me if i was ready for his Titan. I said "sure...anytime you feel froggy just jump". He said he was feeling a bit froggy now. I said, then we need to end this. It wasn't pretty and it didn't last long. I gave him the jump and had him by 6 trucks in the first block. :crying: I asked him if he needed/wanted a rematch and he said he had enough. The kids got a charge out of watching it but he wasn't happy. I think the worse part was his son telling him his truck was wimpy... I tried to tell him he wasn't in my "class" but he didn't want to hear it. :teeth:
you should have gave him a 6car jump that way it could be even:jester:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
whta mods are done becuase you have some major power i din't know the 2002 had the blower
2002 and 2003 HD are the only ones to ever come supercharged. They have the same engine and tranny and rearend as the Lightning. They are 4 door 5500# pickups though. I have an 8# lower pulley, singleblade throttle body and a great tune. This is nothing compared to my ongoing buildup. I will be over 650 the the wheels very soon. New Boss330 builtblock with forged internals and a new Whipple pushing around 20# of boost.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chieflikalotapus said:
you should have gave him a 6car jump that way it could be even:jester:
Nope...sorry, i'm old school. "Run what ya brung, and hope ya brung enough". If you get your butt handed to you, you go home and do more mods. No breaks. I ask for none, and give none.

·
Registered
268 Posts
fepony said:
Nope...sorry, i'm old school. "Run what ya brung, and hope ya brung enough". If you get your butt handed to you, you go home and do more mods. No breaks. I ask for none, and give none.
Well obviously he doesn't know his stuff about whats out there with other trucks and all. I wouldn't race a s/c and expect to win. Just my .02

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Titan5683 said:
Well obviously he doesn't know his stuff about whats out there with other trucks and all. I wouldn't race a s/c and expect to win. Just my .02
You know the crazy thing is he does know what my truck and i are all about. That's why i made the TV comment. He must have gotten brainwashed or something. Maybe he just lives in denial...i don't know. Maybe that's why he and my daughter got a divorce? :teethmast

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You Ex son in law is an idiot....why would he think he can beat a blown truck?

A stock HD F 150 truely isn't that fast for a blown truck. So you've done some good tuning to get that 13 second 1/4 mile run. I've seen them typically run low 14's to high 13's.

You ever talk to your dyno guy about your dyno?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
so let me get this straight.. your a grandfather and you raced your son and whooped his azz in front of his kids ? thats fricken awesome ! lol

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
I can't believe he thought he'd run with a S/C truck. I also can't believe you waited that long to shut him up! :lol: Next time he'll do a little research (maybe) before he challenges someone. Hate to see the Titans go down, but.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
killcatzforfun said:
so let me get this straight.. your a grandfather and you raced your son and whooped his azz in front of his kids ? thats fricken awesome ! lol
Yeah that's pretty much the grist of it. (ex son in law)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carbeaux said:
I can't believe he thought he'd run with a S/C truck. I also can't believe you waited that long to shut him up! :lol: Next time he'll do a little research (maybe) before he challenges someone. Hate to see the Titans go down, but.....:thumbsup:
Yeah well...you know some people deserve the crap the ask for.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
fepony said:
Yeah that's pretty much the grist of it. (ex son in law)
oops, i had son in my head ohwell, still pretty nasty lol

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
mods and more mods Goliath vs David and we all know what happened too... Bump...Boom all over.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Talk about an *** whoopn, here's my 1/4 mile run video against a Lightning SVT. This was before I added my S&B intake, next time I"ll lose more gracefully...lol.
http://www.vimeo.com/187579

·
Registered
279 Posts
fepony said:
2002 and 2003 HD are the only ones to ever come supercharged. They have the same engine and tranny and rearend as the Lightning. They are 4 door 5500# pickups though. I have an 8# lower pulley, singleblade throttle body and a great tune. This is nothing compared to my ongoing buildup. I will be over 650 the the wheels very soon. New Boss330 builtblock with forged internals and a new Whipple pushing around 20# of boost.
yes they have the same motor and tranny but the power isnt the same.....Lighnings allways make more power than the harley trucks.....lightning with a 6lb lower exuast intake and a tune make from 410 to 450 where you with an 8lb pulley make 408

·
Registered
897 Posts
Take off your belt and run them again.

I mean c'mon. You shouldn't even post that noise.

I ran 12.76 on 60HP Honda so BFD. My brother in law runs 6.80/10.80's all day on a '75 SOHC 750 Honda that he has about 300 bucks into.

But your right he asked for it.

There will always be someone faster.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
This Lightning could probably show up any Titan out there for prerunner stuff like jumping and all that.
yeah, well that blown lightning prerunner wouldn't even hang with this titan pushing 750 NORMALLY-ASPIRATED horses!! :jester:

HAHAHA!! okay, for real though... that lightning prerunner would be sh!tting purple twinkies when he sees the Stillen Titan pulling away from him through the desert!!! 420+ horses with tricked out suspension... SEE YA!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!! bye bye Ford POS!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts