Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well all i finally broke down and got rid of the titan it had 130K on it .i miss it. but i replaced it with 07 dodge 2500 with the 5.9 cummins and 6 spd. here pic of old and new.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thats the only thing I woulda got besides this but nissan threw a lifetime powertrain warranty at me and I went there. Get this in spring of 09 I test drove a 08 4x4 CC 6.7 CTD 6spd big horn edition and with 0 miles I got them down to 33k out the door and didn't take it! But then again no one where I work knew if they were gonna have a job in a week or not. Thats when the economy was spiraling down terrible and they wanted rid of last years models. Hell of a truck minus the emissions bs that you dont have with the 5.9. That truck would bring 30k now probably with 50k miles makes you sick to think that they make that much money off of you I couldnt get that truck from the same dealership now for under 45k. At the time they offered a lifetime warranty on all dodges minus the cummins trucks but who wants a hemi when theres a gas nissan truck down the road?

Enough about my missed buy! Nice truck!, only oil burner I will own unless nissan pulls through in a few years but even then will the dpf sh** kill them too?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never tried owning a Dodge truck yet. Posting a review about your new ride would be nice.
well this is my first dodge and diesel for the matter. but so far i like it. if my job didnt require me to travel so much and i didnt pull a 32' camper behind me everywhere i go (cheaper the hotel) i would have bout another titan. but as for the truck i love the 5.9 cause its a proven motor and easy to work on and doesnt have all the extra bs that cause poor mpg and headachs.my buddy has a 6.7 and it now looks like a 5.9 cause he took off all the dpf system and went back to the 5.9 style turbo and manifold.my truck rides lil rough but thats cause its a truck not a car. power good gonna be better soon. and i went with 6spd cause of less problems then the auto. i looked at ford and gm diesels but even used they was 10 to 12k higher on price and the dodge bein inline 6 cylinder diesel instead of V8 diesel there is less parts to replace if and when they go wrong.there only a couple things that i dont care to much for bout my body style dodge is the interor is a lil bland and the cab space is nowhere near the titan unless you was to get the mega cab

·
Registered
893 Posts
I saw a sweet ram yesterday*just like yours*. I have been thinking about getting one but my gf isn't having it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts