Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I'm in college and the parking lot by my dorm is pretty big. I guess somebody was angry that my truck is nicer than whatever POS they drive and decided it'd be a good idea to key it. There's a big swoosh on my tailgate now and a line on both of my passenger side doors.

Just wondering how much this will typically cost to get fixed. The scratches aren't super deep at all, but they're noticeable. My family insurance deductible is pretty darn low, so I have to see if it's worth it to go through insurance. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Pictures would help......

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Bummer man. that happened to me in high school. Both sides all the way down the truck. still kinda visible today.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Is your truck modded at all? Wondering if it was a hater cuz of a custom truck or something.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really modded. I have a BDGT, larger tires, and some extra chrome accents. I'm not sure why people feel the need to do this. Complete disregard to other people's property. So ridiculous. I'll try to get pics up. My camera might still be at school though. I just drove back home yesterday.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
that sucks! my truck was already keyed on the passanger door when i bought it, it was deep to the metal, It cost me around 300 to repaint the door

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sucks! my truck was already keyed on the passanger door when i bought it, it was deep to the metal, It cost me around 300 to repaint the door
dang. was that for just one door?? I have an 08 CC and the scratch goes all the way from the back of the rear door to the front of the front one.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Oh I'm wrong it was like almost 300 but it was the door and the fender

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had my truck parked in my fraternity parking lot, And someone signed their signature in huge letters by my 4x4 sticker and finished with a CLASS OF '08. Some people have no class whatsoever. They must realize that someone somewhere in the line of the family had to work hard to be able to pay for our trucks.. Just disrespectful..

·
Registered
893 Posts
that sucks bro, people dont think about what they really are doing when they key a car.

its such a stoner/college alchy thing to do. id beat some ***

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I hear about people getting the vehicles vandalized everyday now. Young people these day's have no respect for other people property.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear about people getting the vehicles vandalized everyday now. Young people these day's have no respect for other people property.
It really is true. If you think about it, your vehicle is one of the biggest financial investments you will ever make, and for someone to intentionally damage your vehicle is simply inexcusable. So ridiculous.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have gotten keyed twice also. First time someone keyed down the whole side of my passenger doors. Then some idiot wrote Too close to the line above my passenger door handle.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Then some idiot wrote Too close to the line above my passenger door handle.
See, that is just ****ish right there! :bangit:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I got keyed really bad in high school, found out a year later who did it by his little brother bragging/hitting on my gf. The worst thing was I had no idea who the kid was, it wasnt like we had words, I never had a class with him he did it just because "he didnt like me", the kid was a stoner and dropped out of high school before I found out. Long story short a few more things happened between me and the little brother and he ended up getting expelled from the school mainly because it was just a trouble maker family.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would have keyed his back 3x as much!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts