Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great thing to happen when I'm trying to sell... This truck if ****ing cursed I swear! Really regret my buying decision about now.

Truck is parked in front of my house on the curb, neighbors sister from across the street decides she wants to park in front of it and hits the front bumper as she turns into the curb.

Unfortunately IMO there wasn't significant damage. It'd be a new bumper no questions asked on her. Everyone is making me look like an *** for wanting to get her insurance involved. It is my neighbor of over 12 years family and all but this is BS my truck was parked minding it's own buisiness.

She wants to pay out of pocket and thinks it'll be cheap because it's her black paint on my silver bumper. yeah the paint will buff off but theres a few spots where she rubbed all of the paint off and something tells me shops will want to repaint the whole bumper and she isn't going to want to pay for that out of pocket.

what really pisses me off... hers is going to buff out with no problems... fuggin hondas have much better paint IMO than these trucks.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Just-in said:
fuggin hondas have much better paint IMO than these trucks.
Sucks to hear, hope it works out. Wouldn't really agree about Honda paint though. You cough on my old 03 and it would scratch or chip. In 4 months I had over 25 rock chips in the hood and 2 in the door. My 05 Accord is slightly better but still not great.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Always get the insurance info, no matter what. Too many broken promises made. Experience brings wisdom. File the claim, they can pay out of pocket possibly to avoid the claim, but file it properly. No excuses, if you make a mistake, pay for it. Get a new bumper if needed.

Had my Ford Escape hit and fixed, still lost 2K when sold, vs lowest BB Value listed. All because of the repairs were evident. 5 years later and I just got done testifying against the guy who caused the accident, on behalf of my insurance company trying to get him to pay up. 3 trips to court for this guy. And he was in shackles this time, for some reason??? Seen his name in the paper for a few other things???

Always be nice, skip the emotions, but follow through in a professional manner with the neighbor. No need to hurt the neighborly relationship over a fender, but don't be foolish or naive. Keep the possiblities of good relationships always.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
well, if she wants to pay out of pocket and skip the insurance issue, then give her the estimate from the same shop that insurance wants to fix it, and see if she wants to pay that bill. Depending on your damage, the repainting of the corner pieces shouldn't be too much (couple of hundred), it's the labor of taking it off to paint it (pain in the @$$, did my buds a month ago...)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah i had a honda leased and within 2 years the rood and hood paint was gone. also id make sure she pays for it ALL even the rental you need when its in the shop... or compromise, casually forget to take the hitch and ball off and sweetly back into her car and tell her you wanted to park in front of hers then kindly ask if she wants you to try and rub it out or tape the hole and spray paint it black lol

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRTYAZN said:
well, if she wants to pay out of pocket and skip the insurance issue, then give her the estimate from the same shop that insurance wants to fix it, and see if she wants to pay that bill. Depending on your damage, the repainting of the corner pieces shouldn't be too much (couple of hundred), it's the labor of taking it off to paint it (pain in the @$$, did my buds a month ago...)

I have an XE my bumper is all one peice so I think the whole bumper needs to be re-shot.
after giving her even a couple hundred dollar figure things got ugly. she won't give me her insurance info and I need to get them involved. She is saying she wants a friend of hers to look at it and possibly do the work. I don't think it's a good idea...

I'm thinking tomorow I will get 3 estimates, give her a copy offer her to pay out of pocket the average of the three or report her to my insurance who can hopefully chase down hers.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TriKKy said:
Sucks to hear, hope it works out. Wouldn't really agree about Honda paint though. You cough on my old 03 and it would scratch or chip. In 4 months I had over 25 rock chips in the hood and 2 in the door. My 05 Accord is slightly better but still not great.
well maybe it is ****ty paint also but I'll tell you what... theres more of my paint on her car then hers on mine and none of hers is gone down to metal.

·
Super Moderator
34,510 Posts
Just-in said:
well maybe it is ****ty paint also but I'll tell you what... theres more of my paint on her car then hers on mine and none of hers is gone down to metal.
Quit screwing around being Mr. Nice Guy. She ain't being Ms. Nice Girl. Report it to your insurance agent and let them deal with it for the premium you've been paying. That takes you out of it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Be it a neighbor or not if she doesn't want to give you her insurnace info then call the cops. I would tell her to piss off if she wants someone she knows to fix it. If she is such a nice neighbor then she shouldn't hesitate to go out of her way to make sure it gets fixed properly. Something similar happened to my uncle. He was backed into in a parking lot and his bumper got cracked. The gay gave him his info but said don't call yet because he will pay cash. He told him the price and the guy said thats too high and he will have his son do it. He finally just called the guys insurance and filed it.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
37L1 said:
Quit screwing around being Mr. Nice Guy. She ain't being Ms. Nice Girl. Report it to your insurance agent and let them deal with it for the premium you've been paying. That takes you out of it.
I totally agree, you have been trying to be nice and even beyond reaosnable with her... It is time to take the gloves off, slap her with them, and let the Insurance company do what they do best... repair your Titan and go after her for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts