Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to keep discussion going. Did anyone happen to read the article in FourWheeler magazine? Titan was awarded FourWheeler of the year!

Also, if you pick up Sport Truck magazine, they named the Titan Sport Truck of the year! This was interesting because I was reading the performance stats between the Titan and the Tundra and the Tundra was edging out the Titan in the 1/4 mile and 0-60. I thought, "this can't be right!" Read a little more and found that the Tundra had the TRD supercharger installed. It took a supercharged Tundra to edge by a stock Titan! I want one these trucks soooo bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I read the Four Wheeler article. I actually picked up a copy of just that article @ my nissan dealership. They're handing them out with the information.
I can not WAIT to see one in person!!!
I live in Alaska and the said the'd get one @ the end of this month. They won't sell it but just take orders off of it. Then in Feb. they'll get 2 more. I can't believe they're not sending any more then that up here. Don't they know that a TON of people up here drive trucks?!?!

I'm gonna have to check out Sport Truck mag and read the article!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's too bad that you haven't had a chance to drive one yet. They did have copies of the FourWheeler article when I went to drive it.

I've driven 2 Titans so far, a king cab XE which I thought was awesome! Then the dealership got a crew cab XE with the off road package. So I took the wife with me to drive that one. She loved it too. We used to have a Ford Taurus SHO, and the Titan reminds me of the SHO. It had a some spunk off the line, but the power just got better as the RPMs climbed.

There was also another magazine called Truckin'. They picked the F-150 as the their truck of the year even though the individual reviews seem to favor the Titan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sport Truck article

I know they showed the TRD equipped Tundra as a hair faster than the Titan but they used a Crew Cab without the offroad package. The lower gears of the offroad package helps it accelerate quicker, effectively leaving the TRD eating dust.:D

I've had my Titan for a 1 1/2 weeks now and wouldn't trade it for anything. I work in Colorado but live in Montana and while home for Christmas I stopped by the local Nissan dealer. When I pulled up it emptied the building. It just so happens that none of the Titans have made it up here north of Denver yet and this was the first time many of them saw one in person. In order to show some potential customers they put my truck in the showroom and gave me a 350z to drive for an entire Saturday. Nice, but where would I put the 300 - 500 pounds of tools I own? Glad to get my truck back.

I also own a 1973 Scout II which is my primary offroad machine. A big engine and 37" Super Swampers goes a long way. Point being, Scouters have a forum just like this one and it's terrific. Given time more owners will post with opinions, questions, and hopefully answers. It's fun being in on the start of something I believe will become really big. The Titan is here to stay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts