Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:upsidedow

When I first got it, I was lucky to see 13, a lot of that had to do with the fact that I never had a truck that was this quick, so I had to enjoy it.

Now, 7 months and almost 16K miles later, I am flirting with 17mpg, and it's slowly creeping towards 18.

Couple of things that seemed to help:

Highway driving at 70mph on cruise (I used to drive 78-82, because the truck rides so well)
Keeping it under or around 2K rpm's in town (again, see above)

I know these keep the fun out of driving these trucks, but with gas like it is, every little bit helps!:upsidedow :upsidedow

·
Registered
351 Posts
bought mine in February, had it for a few months. When it got warmer it went from 13 to 15-16. It's got about 3,500 miles on it.

It's also the non-tow package rear end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
just filled up yesterday and after a fun filled mothers day of driving 230miles : No Smiley : and keeping it on cruise controll around 72-76, ended up with 17.8mpg.

not too bad, i guess its just a matter of getting off the gas but thats kinda hard :)

NICK

·
Registered
801 Posts
Nick looks like you have the XE with 2.93s - with the volant CAI - nice mileage at that speed. I went back to stock intake and my banks and get that as well. 17-19 mpg.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wiscdave said:
Nick looks like you have the XE with 2.93s - with the volant CAI - nice mileage at that speed. I went back to stock intake and my banks and get that as well. 17-19 mpg.
yea i was really surprised...although i dont like the whole high speed driving (damn cops in california come from everywhere) but when i get the chance it fun to jump on it and see what all shes got..

NICK

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've a 07 KC 4x4 OR w/Tow LE. Highway driving I'm getting 16.5 - 17 using the same technique. Cruise control at just under 70, no stomping on the gas.

About 3 weeks ago, I drove up to the mountains. Started at sea level and climbed to 9,000' over 318 miles. Average mpg was 17.3. Coming back over the same distance, I couldn't believe it.....20 mpg on the computer and by checking via how much gas I replaced. I was at 225 miles when the needle was at half a tank. Strategy was cruise set at 68 mph the whole way, both ways.

The truck is so comfortable with a great sound system, taking 20 minutes longer to reach my destination didn't bother me.

Around home, it's 13 mpg. but I live in a hilly area.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I'm glad to hear more people are seeing better fuel mileage. Everybody I talk to locally says I'm full of you know what getting between 17-20mpg:cheers:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Grnhead said:
:upsidedow

Mine got between 13 and 14 early on. I'm getting about 15 blended now. I have just over 30,000 miles on it.

Last week, I went to Miami and back and recorded 16.25 (that's with some city driving down there). The best i"ve ever gotten was a trip to Tampa and back in January when I recorded 16.99...ALMOST his the 17 mark. Again, there was some city driving in Tampa on that trip. But in both cases, most of it was on the highway.

Mine is 4x4 with big-tow and off-road...low gears.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice guys. Mine is an '05 KC 4X2 Big Tow LE with 26K miles. Last tank was 17.4mpg mostly highway. 70-75mph on cruise usually. Highest I've ever recorded was 19.7mpg a year and a half ago on a long trip, cruise at 68mph.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 2004 LE CC 4x4 with big tow and off-road. Truck has 24k miles and the best I have EVER gotten that I tested was 16.2.

I am not heavy on the foot the majority of the time. I usually drive in town and get about 12-13. Mileage has never changed. Just got a fuel system cleaning and went to some Ranger games last weekend and only got 15.8 with almost all interstate with cruise set.

I have even tried Premium and it did not help. I might upgrade to an 08 soon and get a hard tonneau on it. Does the hard tonneau help any of you guys?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm scared to check mine:eek2:.

Actually I only have 650 miles on my truck but then again I only drive about 100 miles a week so it's not too bad. That will change here shortly though as Mem Day weekend will be the start of jet skiing for the wife & I.

Between my truck & my 93+ req octane rating on my S/C ski it's going to be an expensive summer:ugh:!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
haha not once in either of my titans have i ever checked my mpg...
i just fil'er'up when she needs it...and then cry on my way home with a 70 dollar gas bill in my hand lol...

buy yeah how much do tonoue (sp?) covers help ???

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just got back from a 300 mile trip. All freeway. Drove between 65-75 most of the way. Got 17.2 miles a gallon.
In town I think I only get 12-13.:crying:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just filled up at 16.8 - almost 400 miles on a tank of gas...

I am happy with that, that is all I could expect out of a big truck with a big engine, I was a little worried at first when I was down in the 12 and 13 range...

This is all blended driving, I have never driven far enough on the highway to use an entire tank yet. I would expect to see closer to 18 or a little more with 100% highway driving at 68-72mph.

Not that this really changes anything, I still have a 750 a month gas habit with another car and boat added in:upsidedow

·
Registered
237 Posts
'06 XE Prfd Pack 4x2. Consistently 19.9. The mechanic that helped me out with a couple of things last week didn't believe me. I fill up just between 1/4 and empty and the odo is always right around 420 give or take a few.

I expected much worse mileage when I bought this truck. I'm at 43K miles currently and absolutely no issue.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
18 mpg average with 4X4 with 2 degree, intake and exhaust. Considering the "heavy" is every bit as quick (6.1 0 to 60, 14.5 1/4 average) if not quicker than my old "sports car" (92 LX 5.0 stock), and I can go places I would only dream with more room and utility, I'll take it.

A good compromise between sports and utility as far as I'm concerned. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

·
Registered
224 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
haha not once in either of my titans have i ever checked my mpg...
i just fil'er'up when she needs it...and then cry on my way home with a 70 dollar gas bill in my hand lol...

buy yeah how much do tonoue (sp?) covers help ???
I didn't notice a difference with my tonneau, but I also put on the Magnaflow at the same time I got it. With a stock setup, you might notice 1-2 mpg better. Considering my tonneau cost $600, 1-2 mpg will take a while to make that up. But you could go with a cloth cheapo one for under $200 to try it out...supposedly they do help, even the Mythbusters said so :teethmast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts