Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I heard back from the DOJ credit union today and they have approved my refinance for the titan so it's staying! I had checked with a loal CU and they told me they would only finance up to 80% of the kbb value of the truck which wasn't enough so I was looking to trade the titan in on an older tacoma to get a smaller payment and help with gas a little. Well I figured I'd try one last chance at refinancing (because I HATED to see my titan go) and the doj credit union came through and cut my interest rate in half and my payments by almost $300 a month!!! It's a little longer loan than what I have left on my current loan but with that much off we can send 50-100 bucks extra each month and have it paid off early. Anyways I just figured I'd share because I'm excited!:redblob"

·
Registered
942 Posts
Awesome!! glad to hear it all worked out, I guess it shows that persistence pays off.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
That really is exciting! We have just 3 payments left, and hope to never again do a car loan. It will be quite a relief!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Glad things worked out. Too nice of a Titan let go.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my wife and I are both very happy we got to keep it. I really love this truck and have so much time and money invested I hated to get rid of it but it was begining to look like the only option to bring our bills down. I'm so glad I gave this CU a shot and that they came through for me. Sadly though I still won't be able to do the spring RC meet because of having to work every damn weekend. From what I saw the last time I looked in that post though I don't think anybody is going though really. We did have a BLAST though at RC and I'd LOVE to get another big titan group to go again one day!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey congrats brother, that's great news!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is! I was extremely happy.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts