Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've been seeing a few posts where folks are concerned about the reliability of the Titan. This concern mainly stems from a few electrical short issues and one dead sensor as far as I can remember.

It is my belief that the reason why it appears to be common to them is the majority of the people comming onto this board are people looking for answers to their problems and not those who are out driving their reliable Titan and enjoying it. When people have problems they want to talk with other people having their same issues. This need is what brings them to us.

I'd like to hear from some of you all and your thoughts on this. I would also like to hear from folks who are having no problems with their new Titan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
titan's terrific tank buster

titan's terrific to drive, but, for me, a huge 'tank bustin' gas guzzler

it's true i and me wife are leadfooted

have i mentioned that it's a 'thrill to drive

my other two cars are: a jeep wranger v6 and a nissan 720 4wd v4

cheers, from Berkeley, CA

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pluck,

Me personally, and I'm not wanting you to have any isolated problems, but I really hope your mpg issue is just you. I've seen other big tow packages getting on average 15 mpg. However, I haven't seen many 4 x 4 with a big tow like I have so I'm anxious to get my mpg numbers.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
That is why the wife is driving the truck and I'm driving the Sentra when we get the Titan. I'm driving a Spec V Sentra and get less than 20 mpg out of it. So you can imagine what I would do with a Titan!

·
Registered
823 Posts
1850 miles and no problems to date. Gas mileage is better than expected with 2 wheel drive and tow package, still averaging high 16's to low 17's while driving the piss out of it. I even checked mine for the tailgate offset that I've heard others talk about and mine is off by 1/32 of an inch. I had to really look for that little bit of a difference but it's certainly not noticeable. Hopefully I'm not in the minority with a, to date, trouble free truck!! Oh yeah, and did I mention that I LOVE IT!!!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good luck Duro with your future weight loss program on your right foot, maybe you could be a guest speaker at the DMV when a bunch of us are trying to get our licenses back!! I just love the way it sounds.........I don't think it would sound any better with headers and cherry bombs!! Nissan must have had some hard core racing guy develop this exhaust system because it's the sweetest note I've ever heard :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Early on I thought of sounding it up but now I realize it is just right! It gets loud enough as the pipes heat up. And it is addictive and forces foot to fall (slightly). I keep saying to my wife (like she would care) listen to that sound baby!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I drive a 6 speed 540i every day, so thinking about a truck as something fun was a stretch, having had 3/4 ton GM's....ugh. The Titan is a blast, it is super responsive and after a couple of weeks you find yourself managing the shift points with your foot.....in a truck! Totally satisfied with it, my MPG is about 13 around town through the first 800 miles, 2WD tow package. Going on first road trip this weekend, looking forward to freeway mileage.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey Skip, please let us know what your fuel average is from your trip when you get back. I won't be going on a long distance trip until Valentines Day when my wife and I are driving to Coco Beach for the weekend. 7 hours each way and I can't wait to take it on this trip and see how it does!!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Fuel Milage after 1300 miles thus far. 15.7.

Also, couple of assembly issues noted that new parts are being ordered for:

1) Left front Mudflap - Back part held with 3M type tape loose (This was noticed night I bought it).

2) Rear Tailgate 'cladding' - The plastic piece thats clipped into the back. When washing this morning before taking it to the dealer for her first oil change. Washed accross the bottom part of the handle med pressure and heard ping-ping as the two clips that hold the bottom popped off and fell into the tailgate. Still sorta held in place with 2 sided tape again here..But Nissan is replacing the whole panel.

Other than that, no drivability issues whatsoever and towed a 26' boat for a bud from one place to another for about 8 miles and didn't really even know it was back there.

Chris

G

·
Thanks Chris for all your reviews. They help all of us not yet driving one. I will try to do my best keeping all of you informed once I get mine. By the way your truck looks awesome!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
MPG truth

My first all hiway road trip results, just pulled in the driveway after the fill up. Passengers=4 total 440lbs, cargo 310lbs
354 miles on 21.2 gallons comes out to 16.698 MPG
average speed 68 MPH
21% increase over my 6.0 GMC, yeah.
Crew 4X2, big tow, off road, utility bed

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
:cheers: Happy to hear the good news with your Titan. Those are great numbers for a full size truck!
Can't wait to take delivery of my truck sometime mid to late Feb. What color do you have?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am really pleased with the fuel mileage and the great performance. The darn truck is a magnet, every stop I had guys all over it, asking Q's. My truck is Canteen, I painted the bumper to match and installed the Daystar leveling kit, I also turned the tires to black out when I was at the dealer upon delivery, I am not into OWL.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Skip,

We need Pictures!

·
Registered
80 Posts
pics posted under new thread "back off"
a dyastar leveling kit, is a kit made by a company, Daystar, that allows you to install new spring seats and spacers for your front springs, raising the height of the vehicle 2 1/4". Take a look at my pics and it will be very clear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts