Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just fabricated this: it's made from 3" mandrel bent tubing. It's sprayed with truck bedliner coating, and it's made to hold 2 kayaks on the roof, and pretty much anything else.

I know there is some more stuff out there for Titans as far a kayak racks go, haven't seen much of it though-

On the Ground Performance

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
Holy Mack! For sure that will hold "pretty much anything else"!

VERY nice job on the fabbing though. Well done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice work!

does it work with the utilitrack system? hard to tell from the pics...

looks like you should bend up some matching step rails!!
I don't have a picture of the bed to show you, (I should get one)- but no, it doesn't interfere with the utilitrack system at all. It mounts on the top of the bed, and is completely bolt-on. It's a beast!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
can you remove it at anytime? that would be sweet with some lights on top. how much would you sell that for or make another one?

·
Premium Member
75,083 Posts
can you remove it at anytime? that would be sweet with some lights on top. how much would you sell that for or make another one?
that's on a CC... be too short for you your KC?

I think if he utilizes the utilitrack system with his rack he'd be onto something great!

also, be mindful of the "supporting vendor" status... maybe a PM.. ;)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
WOW!!! I'm EXTREMELY impressed at your fab skills! Is there anything else in the future you plan on making for the Titan? *cough* rock sliders *cough*....

HUGE thumbs up on that rack. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So since i clicked on your link in your sig. We need to know what's the deal here.

Is this where you work? Is it a company you represent?
This is my company, so yes it is where I work. Thanks for all the comments!

This is a custom fab job we did for one of our customers. Something like this would run about $1,000 for fabrication time and materials, not including the truck bedliner spray coating. The spray-on bedliner coating is roughly an additional $500. (We don't do that in-house.) We're thinking about starting a performance line of products for the Nissan Titans, we really don't know the market as far as what's out there and available, but we'd like some input as far as what products people would like to see. We're thinking about producing tubular accessories as well as performance headers and exhaust. Any input would be great!

As far as the supporting vendor comment (I'm not sure what PM is), is there a membership to be a supporting vendor? That is something we would be interested if we get into doing Titan products, I just didn't see anything for that. If someone has a link with some more information regarding that, please post it, I can't seem to find where it is.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
75,083 Posts
This is my company, so yes it is where I work. Thanks for all the comments!

This is a custom fab job we did for one of our customers. Something like this would run about $1,000 for fabrication time and materials, not including the truck bedliner spray coating. The spray-on bedliner coating is roughly an additional $500. (We don't do that in-house.) We're thinking about starting a performance line of products for the Nissan Titans, we really don't know the market as far as what's out there and available, but we'd like some input as far as what products people would like to see. We're thinking about producing tubular accessories as well as performance headers and exhaust. Any input would be great!

As far as the supporting vendor comment (I'm not sure what PM is), is there a membership to be a supporting vendor? That is something we would be interested if we get into doing Titan products, I just didn't see anything for that. If someone has a link with some more information regarding that, please post it, I can't seem to find where it is.

Thanks!

Thanks for the introduction! I noticed quite a few pieces on your site for other race applications and was wondering if you were breaking into the Titan market. You can PM E-cool or any other moderator about how to become a supporting vendor, PM = private message.

There's a market for the pre-runner crowd, although a lot of them do their own custom work. Rock sliders have been another area guys have been interested in and additional skid plates for beneath the motor, tranny, beefier than stock. there are also companies making tire gates and thing of that nature. I have the OEM overhead racks for the Titan but they fall short on weight rating as they can only hold 250#'s total...

Stillen has long tube headers out for the Titan (not sure if anyone else does?) as well as some other performance products.

There are quite a few exhaust systems out for the Titan.

One thing I've wanted was something to replace my plastic caps on the bed sides. There are quite a few compound curves to the piece which I'm sure is why Nissan went with plastic, however something in steel, stainless, or even painted/stamped steel would be much nicer IMO.

Glad to have you guys interested in the Titan! I'm sure others will chime in with their wish lists as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts