Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I hadnt really seen this done. Just wanted to share a couple pics and give some notes of whats needed in case anyone else is considering doing this, as I went into it blindly and had to make it happen.

So these are the OEM Chrome 22" GM CK375 wheels. They are an option for the Sierras, Denalis, and Escalades. I am sure all of the other wheel types options will require the same work to make them bolt up. GM has 3-4 different 22" Chrome options, this one I just thought would look the best on a truck so I went for it.

Anyway. You will need new Lugnuts. I went for some Gorilla 13/16 Acorn Style Bulge in nuts (part #61128) which have approx a .910" seat. They are required, these wheels are designed for a M14 stud and we have a M12 stud. The wider 60* seat is absolutely a requirement.

Then I found out the fronts slightly rub the caliper pad support bracket, so some clearancing of said bracket was required (took about 20 mins per bracket plus labor of removing/installing them). I plan on getting blank chrome centercaps and affixing the Nissan emblem from my old caps to them.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
They look great on your T!!! Better than on a chevy... :)

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Who would think GM wheels would look so good on a Nissan? They actually look like aftermarket's. Nice informative writeup! Do they ride hard??

·
Registered
384 Posts
NICE!!! I've seen off road pkg wheels on silverados but I mos def like the 22's on the T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am pretty happy with the look. I was considering a 24" wheel but was afraid it maybe a tad bit much for a harsh ride and honestly I am not that into trying to have the baddest wheels around; although the 24" wheel does fit the Titan very well. What I do like is that these are OEM wheels, so I am thinking the Chrome could possibly be a little better quality. Also since they are OEM you know they will be around for years to come, in the event one were to get damaged for whatever reason replacements will be available.

Driving it around today I observe no harsh ride. It actuallly drives very nicely. I am running new OEM tires as well, so that may help it out as well. I figure if they are ok for a discerning buyer of a new Escalade, they are ok for my 2005 Titan.:)

Who would think GM wheels would look so good on a Nissan? They actually look like aftermarket's. Nice informative writeup! Do they ride hard??

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Hubcap Annie in Las Vegas also sells blank chrome centers in an array of sizes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I checked into these wheels but they where twice as much as my liquid metal wingmans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either Liquid Metal Wingmans are very VERY cheap, or you just didnt find the right deal. I looked around abit and found a special being ran from Myrtle Beach Chevrolet (800-688-3105 ext. 253 Internet sales guy Jessie is awesome to work with) on these wheels for 4 wheels/centercaps and the new OEM tires. I ommitted the Cadillac Centercaps though, total came to just over $2000 shipped (wheels+tires). All I had to do was add my TPMS sensors from my original wheels and mount the tires (~$130), order special lugnuts with locks (~$100), and new chrome blank Centercaps (~$70). Total cost about $2300, not bad for a very nice looking OEM Chrome wheel tire combo that should have replacements around forever. I found a few cheaper aftermarket options, I just wasnt sure of their overall build quality and longetivity of chrome finishing.

I did have to do some work in clearancing the front brake pad/caliper support brackets, but that was just about an hour or two of labor for me.

Overall I am very happy with the wheels. Totally transformed the truck. Thanks for all the compliments.

Rob

I checked into these wheels but they where twice as much as my liquid metal wingmans.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Agree.You could always buy the chrome blank and take it to a vinyl graphics place with your design?

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking about that, a Nissan logo sticker of sorts... Just figured it may not look unofficial and be a fail. I actually have one cap where I modified them OEM Nissan logo and glued it to a blank cap. Looks awesome, but don't think it will last. The cap is concave and the emblem is flat, used a heat gun to get it hot and try to form it... Worked but bubbled the chrome where it was bending.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts