Nissan Titan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
The drop bracket does not provide any lift because it only supports the front differential, it simply lowers the front diff to keep it in line with the lowered hubs and prevent extreme angles on the CV joints. I've talked with PRG quite a few times over the last few weeks and he's extremely busy so I doubt he'll see this thread. I would send a Private Message to Citadel if he has what you're looking to do.

That's my understanding too.
I get what you are saying. If I had it all in my hands it would be easier for me to comprehend :bangit:

Unfortunately, I dont think I will be adding any more mods to my T. Just got the call from the insurance company and they want to total it (hail sotrm a few weeks back) Hopefully we can work something out because I want to keep it, but I dont think they want to deal with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gregg, I just had a ProComp stage 1 lift put on my truck. The rear tires sare sitting to far back and the *** end sits lower then the front, the axle seems to be sitting to far back. Do you know what, how, or why this looks so wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey friends,

I recently bought a 2004 crew cab, and I would like it higher, especially the front. From what I've read I guess I'll have to install a lift, however I don't really want it too high so I'm thinking a 2 or 3inch should make it look fine. Now I'd like to know if its better to lift front and back or ...lifting the front only is ok? Also can I use a 3inch lift with the stock wheels, or I would need bigger? I rather using stock wheels

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Hey friends,

I recently bought a 2004 crew cab, and I would like it higher, especially the front. From what I've read I guess I'll have to install a lift, however I don't really want it too high so I'm thinking a 2 or 3inch should make it look fine. Now I'd like to know if its better to lift front and back or ...lifting the front only is ok? Also can I use a 3inch lift with the stock wheels, or I would need bigger? I rather using stock wheels
If it's 2wd you can install a CST Spindle Lift with Rear blocks. If it's 4x4, either a 2" Mini-Lift or a 6" bracket Lift.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What size lift is on your armada? That height looks perfect for my titan. It's a 4x4 but I think the 6inch will b too high, and I fear 2" may still be low

·
Registered
14 Posts
kool, love it! so u have stock rims but different tires. for now im gonna use stock rim n tires cuz of my budget. do u think i cud use a 3inch lift with that?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
That pic was with 325/65-18 on stock rims (it worked fine) but now I have aftermarket wheels 18x9 with 0-Offset wrapped in those same tires.... 325/65-18 (35's) are very tight underneath a 3" lift and usually require some cutting. I would run 325/60-18 (33's) underneath it instead.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
x2 on what pops said. 325 60 18's will look very nice under a 3" lift.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. New titan owner here. I recently purchased an 05 titan and wanted to lift it. I put a 2" rear shackle on it and a 3" strut spacer. The rear looks as if it hasn't even been lifted. Can I add blocks a well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
just got a used 6" fabtech from a friend... kinda disappointing to read the review on it from Prerunner Greg but i guess i see how it is when installed.

do i really have to cut and if im using 5125 on the rear with this lift, i need to mod the shock or are you just refering to the bushings that come with the shock to be change out to fit the titan?

·
Registered
37 Posts
'Prerunner Greg' (or any other fellow Titan that might know)

Can I fit a (wider) tire than 285/45r17 on my stock (04 4wd SE) wheel without rubbing on the spindle?

I have a 6" fabtech spindle lift with 2.5 DL coil overs that I haven't installed and before I do want to see if I could fit these tires because I am thinking to upgrade my current 285/45R17 to this size that I ask of. Thank so so very much whomever can help.

I have asked but no one could give a definitive answer. Thanks again titans

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
just bought a 2" mini lift from another member on here. however I have a 2008 4wd LE. the kit was for a 04-07. will it fit my 08? and if it was for a 2wd will it fit my 4wd?
its just the 2" front spacers and not sure exactly but 1-1.5" rear blocks and u-bolts with bumper stops.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
just bought a 2" mini lift from another member on here. however I have a 2008 4wd LE. the kit was for a 04-07. will it fit my 08? and if it was for a 2wd will it fit my 4wd?
its just the 2" front spacers and not sure exactly but 1-1.5" rear blocks and u-bolts with bumper stops.
It should be fine on a newer 2wd, but you will likely get upper control arm, (UCA), to coil bucket contact at full droop.

'08 and up 4x4's are supposed to go with a 1.5" leveling kit. You can sometimes get enough clearance by just grinding a U shape into the coil bucket where you see the nicks in the paint. [Just use a dremel tool with a grinding stone bit].

If you are a mellow driver, you might not even see full droop ... like if you slow way down for speed bumps. Longer aftermarket struts can make it more likely to happen though.

You can likely trade someone for a 1.5" leveling kit though, in the buy/sell section.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
ok. thanks man. I never take it off road. once in a blue mood. tipically work 6-7 days a week so it just a ride from the sticks to a small city here in V.A. and I always slow down for that stuff. trien to keep my alignment in this time lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks to this thread and a few others I put my lift on and all went smoothly:)
Here's a pic, top and bottom> after, mid> before
ImageUploadedByAG Free1373431240.286016.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
It should be fine on a newer 2wd, but you will likely get upper control arm, (UCA), to coil bucket contact at full droop.

'08 and up 4x4's are supposed to go with a 1.5" leveling kit. You can sometimes get enough clearance by just grinding a U shape into the coil bucket where you see the nicks in the paint. [Just use a dremel tool with a grinding stone bit].

If you are a mellow driver, you might not even see full droop ... like if you slow way down for speed bumps. Longer aftermarket struts can make it more likely to happen though.

You can likely trade someone for a 1.5" leveling kit though, in the buy/sell section.
Just like you said it hits...it twist it about half an inch on lift...should I worry about that when im changin my breaks n stuff or just roll with it?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Just like you said it hits...it twist it about half an inch on lift...should I worry about that when im changin my breaks n stuff or just roll with it?

I used to have a setup where the UCAs rested on the coil bucket when on a lift or jacks, but I can't see that hurting anything since it's only a couple hundred pounds, if that, and is applied slowly. But on the rare occasion when I'd come off a certain bump too fast and they would hit with speed, I would cringe. My current PRG UCAs provide more clearance, so my old setup would likely clear with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm running 2.5 spacers with Bilstein HD's. (2WD) Never really had a problem with CBC, but the extent of my off-roading is on dirt roads. If I ever have the problem, the grinding of the CB lip looks pretty straightforward and easy. Otherwise I can't believe what pieces of junk those OEM struts were. Night and day difference now.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
70 Participants
Chrisjohnseb
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing