Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I dropped it at a shop to make right as I'm away at work for a few weeks and need the truck done, and they said everything was done right, but it needed a shim kit for the rear blocks to maintain rear driveshaft angle, they ground the stops down and said the steering is good, but the front driveshaft has about a 20 degree angle to it and is binding. They said I should opt for an aftermarket setup that would fix it. Anyone else run into this issue? It was definitely vibrating like all hell. They also spliced the wires to the rear speed sensors and got the 4x4, abs, vdc and traction control working again, as the wires were too short to accommodate the lift.
thats interesting. the front driveshaft will definitely be at some sort of an angle because the drop bracket drops the front diff down. so the driveshaft is being lowered in the input part of the front diff and staying stock at the output part of the gear box or whatever. I have never heard of people having their driveshaft bind. My suggestion is maybe posting a new thread with all your issues so far. people might have suggestions, most don't check this old thread. If you can get a hold of Greg, he would probably have the ins and outs of the lift kit itself and the wiring issue.

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Greg hasn't been on the forum in a long time. Check prgproducts.com as it is his website and likely the only way to contact him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 2012 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SV 2WD and am ready to start lifting, however to financially accommodate my needs, was going to do in phases starting with lifting truck few inches and going to a bigger and wider tire but still on STOCK 18" wheels until save up and get the wheels want. Everyone has something different to say when comes to what tires will fit and what tires won't or aren't safe, and same with stock wheels and their offset fitting on truck once lifted depending on kit. I'm brand new to the Nissan Totan but love this truck already and ready for a more aggressive stance. I've been told that best tire option on these wheels for biggest and widest is 295/70/18 as plenty of people have said do run 35x12.50 on their stock wheels. Even with going with 295/70 on STOCK wheels, what are my options for lifting with those tires and stock wheels? I'm ok with starting a with just few inches of lift with options of add on for more in future as long as can clear those tires on stock wheels. I've been told a lot about Greg from PRG and done lots of reading and research but like said everyone has something different to say and Greg hasn't got back to me yet by email or phone but my questions may not be fully worth his time anyway, so pointers from fellow Titans are greatly appreciated. This truck is just 2wd and won't be taken off road much but in very mild conditions if so, so was thinking nitto terra grapplers in size 295/70 but no minds have been made just looking for steering in right direction please and thank you

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I own a 2012 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SV 2WD and am ready to start lifting, however to financially accommodate my needs, was going to do in phases starting with lifting truck few inches and going to a bigger and wider tire but still on STOCK 18" wheels until save up and get the wheels want. Everyone has something different to say when comes to what tires will fit and what tires won't or aren't safe, and same with stock wheels and their offset fitting on truck once lifted depending on kit. I'm brand new to the Nissan Totan but love this truck already and ready for a more aggressive stance. I've been told that best tire option on these wheels for biggest and widest is 295/70/18 as plenty of people have said do run 35x12.50 on their stock wheels. Even with going with 295/70 on STOCK wheels, what are my options for lifting with those tires and stock wheels? I'm ok with starting a with just few inches of lift with options of add on for more in future as long as can clear those tires on stock wheels. I've been told a lot about Greg from PRG and done lots of reading and research but like said everyone has something different to say and Greg hasn't got back to me yet by email or phone but my questions may not be fully worth his time anyway, so pointers from fellow Titans are greatly appreciated. This truck is just 2wd and won't be taken off road much but in very mild conditions if so, so was thinking nitto terra grapplers in size 295/70 but no minds have been made just looking for steering in right direction please and thank you
2wd is easy. start with a spindle lift. thats 4" of lift. and a 2 or whatever tall back block you want. you can add a 2" leveling kit later and have a true 6" lift. or you can run coilovers to get 6" of lift. If i was 2wd i would buy the spindle lift. Itll look great with 295/70 R 18 terra grapplers. that tall of tire on a stock rim you probably will rub the frame a little bit, but the spindles push the wheels away from the truck so you might not rub. either way its not a big deal. CST is a pricier spindle lift or Maxtrac. Hit up TAP auto, they are a vendor, and have awesome customer service. Both have lots of experience with titans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks man, yeah I was really thinking spindle so far but still leaving options open before placed order as want to do it right the first time. I was on maxtracs website today just to read all specs and such and only do more research but what read there also said won't be able to go back to stock wheels due to offset and won't fit with new spindle, I guess can get wheel spacers or such...? Thanks you

·
Registered
5 Posts
And how do I specifically reply to a message as you replied to me and it included my original post. Sorry for the beginner on this forum and appreciate your time and knowledge

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Thanks man, yeah I was really thinking spindle so far but still leaving options open before placed order as want to do it right the first time. I was on maxtracs website today just to read all specs and such and only do more research but what read there also said won't be able to go back to stock wheels due to offset and won't fit with new spindle, I guess can get wheel spacers or such...? Thanks you
Thats true. You can run spacers yes, Bora wheel adaptors are what i would recommend. I would do some research and see if guys can run stock wheels though just to double check.

And how do I specifically reply to a message as you replied to me and it included my original post. Sorry for the beginner on this forum and appreciate your time and knowledge
For one post, just push the quote button, for multiple, push the multi-quote on each post you want, and on the last post you want push quote instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats true. You can run spacers yes, Bora wheel adaptors are what i would recommend. I would do some research and see if guys can run stock wheels though just to double check.

For one post, just push the quote button, for multiple, push the multi-quote on each post you want, and on the last post you want push quote instead.
Thank you guys, yeah I don't want to either make wrong decision or order something that requires other parts to be comparable and then have to search and wait to get those products. So figured would post on here exactly what have and what looking for to see if possible and how going about it

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
70 Participants
Chrisjohnseb
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing