Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after I first bought my 05 Titan BT, I bought a Titan load leveling hitch. The sway bar brackets for that hitch were designed to fit a 4 inch trailer rail. My trailer has a 6 inch rail, meaning that I can't attach the sway bar brackets from the hitch to the trailer.

Has anyone out there figured out how to use the Titan load leveling hitch? Or is it just a big hunk of expensive metal? I am going to have to either find some other brackets that will fit the sway bar arms and the 6 inch trailer rail, or have something fabricated.

Any sugestions?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Have you tried welding them to the trailer frame. You will only be able to use them with that trailer but at least you wont have to buy a new set. That is about all I can think of.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Helinut,

Welding them to the frame is not a bad idea. My other thought was to cut the tops off the brackets and weld plates to extend their length. That would allow me to fit them to different trailers.

Anyway, for now, I have been trailering close to 5 tons by placing the weight over the trailer axles. The tongue weight is about 600-700 lb and the Titan handles the total weight pretty well.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I dont think I would modify the mounts themselves. That could really weaken them bad. As far as putting the weight over the tires just remember if you get to much toward the back you will sway pretty bad. Best of luck to ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts