Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got my first, "Ya shoulda bought an American truck!" comment last night. I quickly retaliated and told him my Titan was made in the USA but his ignorant self couldn't comprehend it. I proceeded to tell him to check where The F150 and Rams were built and get back to me about which truck was American made.

So out of curiosity, can you guys help me fill in the blanks here.

Nissan Titan:
Built in Canton, Mississippi USA from 2004-2008

Toyota Tundra:
Princeton/Gibson County, Indiana, USA
San Antonio, Texas, USA

Ford F150:
Valencia, Venezuela
Cuautitlan, Mexico
Kansas City, Missouri
Norfolk, Virginia
Sao Bernardo do Campo, Brazil
Dearborn, Michigan

Dodge Ram:
Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico
Fenton, Missouri
Warren, Michigan

Dodge Ram:
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Flint, Michigan
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Pontiac, Michigan
Silao, Mexico
Toluca, Mexico

What years were these trucks outsourced out of the US for manufacturing in Mexico and Canada? Also what am I looking for on the door jam sticker to show him my truck was made in the good old usa. :readclose

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
oh god not another "is the Titan an import" thread. the last one went south

far as I know some fords are made in Mexico and dodges are made by our northern neighbors

·
Registered
302 Posts
Toyota Tundras are made in San Antonio ,TX. And the Tacoma is made in Fremont,CA

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not trying to start any flame wars so lets please keep this civil. I just need some facts as to where the other full sized pickups are made.

I didn't know the Tacomas were built just down the street from me. :cheers:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK well I went t Wikiepdia and answered my own question about where the other trucks are assembled. OP updated.

Now on the door jam sticker, what am I looking for to tell the assmebly/manufacturing locations of these trucks?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If the VIN starts with a 1, or a 4, then it's made in the U.S. #2 is Canada, #3 is Mexico, J=Japan, K=Korea. There are others, like those cars assembled in Europe, but that gets to be too long of a post.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sucks that they aren't REALLY made in Japan.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You will probably also get the "rice burner" statement. When I get that one, I just tell them I wish it ran on rice, it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think what they mean is that your truck wasn’t made by an American company, or at least what has traditionally been an American company. I’ve owned a number of Harleys, and you might be surprised at the parts that are not US made.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,791 Posts
Holy 12 year old thread, Batman.

batman-the-movie-1966.jpg

Reactions: busemans
1 - 11 of 11 Posts