Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a titan se and was wondering if its possible to get a factory navigation system put in my truck .....if so about how much will it cost me and should i bring it to the dealership to have this done?.......any info will be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
159,635 Posts
I wouldn't say it's impossible. Anything is possible with enough money. Having said that, it would not be cheap. The Nav system is tied in to WAY too many other things. It's not just a plug and play application.

·
Premium Member
92,290 Posts
I'm not sure the wiring setup is present in all Titans to even hook up all the electronics from the factory system. I like my system, but you may be much better off and out considerably less $$$$ to just buy one of the aftermarket units. Most people without the factory NAV systems feel they're overpriced and not as capable as the aftermarket ones. Opinions.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are allot of good ones that are after market for around the 600-700 dollar range. They may not have everything the factory set up has but will get you to where ever you need to go.

Check Cnet.com and check out some reviews there.

·
Premium Member
17,128 Posts
Your practical Nav options include:

1. Aftermarket head unit with Nav

2. Stand alone aftermarket Nav unit

3. carputer with Nav software and GPS receiver in combination with LCD touchscreen mounted in factory Nav bezel.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Lowrance IFinder with a RAM suction cup bracket fits nice on the flat spot behind the tray above the radio. 250-300 with holder. add maybe $50 for the color screened version. I'll take some pics at lunch and post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the factory NAV in my 05 KC and while it looks nice, the Garmin c550 I just got for my girlfriend is WAY easier to use even though is has a smaller screen. I concur with the others, it's not worth the $$$$ or hassle of trying to put in the factory unit. You can find much better aftermarket systems. I WISH my system had a touch screen instead of having to use that joystick.

·
Registered
274 Posts
JennaSys said:
I've got the factory NAV in my 05 KC and while it looks nice, the Garmin c550 I just got for my girlfriend is WAY easier to use even though is has a smaller screen. I concur with the others, it's not worth the $$$$ or hassle of trying to put in the factory unit. You can find much better aftermarket systems. I WISH my system had a touch screen instead of having to use that joystick.
I rented a car (along with a "Where2" navigation system - really a Garmin c550) over the Memorial Day weekend. I drove through small towns in western Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. This was my first exposure to onboard nav and it was very impressive. I do not even want to try a joy stick as the touch-screen was too intuitive and easy to use. My wife and I liked it so much, she wants one for her car, one for my son's car - who we were visiting - and welcomes my own project to put a double-DIN unit in the dash of my Titan. My Titan project is in the research mode, but it looks like I will have to buy at least two nav units very soon. What we did not even fully realize existed one week ago is now a necessity of life.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well get Pioneer AVIC Z-1 It is much better then anything else on the market right now. I got it for my truck and could not be any happier. It even has a hard drive for 160hour of music + I-pod connetion + bluetooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts