Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven the Titan and it is the best truck available IMHO. I drive a 99 Frontier King Cab 4wd. 99% of the time I am the only person in the truck but I wanted a slightly bigger interior to be able to put more cargo inside and rear doors too make it easy access. Crew cabs have too much seat and I don't want to sacrifice the bed. I drive 35 plus hwy miles one way to work so would the mpg of the 05 Frontier make a difference? I'm counting on the Frontier being 2-3k less than a like equiped Titan.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't think the EPA mileage numbers for the new Frontier have been released yet, so its hard to say how much better the mileage will be. By the way, the redesigned 2005 Tacoma will be shown at the Chicago show on Feb 5, and is rumored to have a wider cab than the current generation.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The real question is do you need a full size pickup? I can guarantee that there will be a difference in fuel economy. There is no way Nissan will make their smaller engine (prob a 3.5) so inefficient that it will have the same consumption as a 5.6L.

Do you haul S on a regular basis?
Do you tow?

</humor on>
Are you short on **** and need a truck to replace it?:D
(5' Expedition owners who cannot see over wheel)
</humor off>

I had a D21 pickup for the past 10 years. Now I am upgrading my boat, and with my woodworking, I tend to haul 500-1000 bft of lumber on a regular basis. Yup, it is a beautiful truck, but with a 35 mile drive each way, I would consider the savings of the smaller vehicle.

JMHO

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
'05 Frontier will have a 250+ hp 4.0 V6 and a larger cab. Tow rating won't go up much and the long bed will be later in production. Crew Cab will be shown at the Chicago show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts