Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've had my 08 titan for ~5.5 years now and I must say it runs just as good as ever with 130k miles.

Up to this point I've left the truck completely stock but now I'm interested in some performance upgrades while I'm replacing parts for maintenance.

Hoping to put a nismo exhaust kit on it soon. The stock exhaust is quite rusty, so thats my excuse :big_grin:. Also thinking about a transgo shift kit, front coilovers, and dropping the back ~1" to level it and help handling.

Excited to be part of the forum, man I love this truck haha!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum. I would contact the guys at cajun bpipes.com for all of your exhaust and tuning needs. They are a site sponsor, have ecxellent customer service and are very knowledgeable about the titan. One of the best things I ever did for my truck was call them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: NAlag

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome! I got a little impulsive yesterday and ended up ordering the Nismo catback. Cajun seems like the best performance plan but I'm just going to piece together somethings of my own as I get the funds (its fun to DIY hehe). I also found a good deal on a local bullydog triple gt that I should receive today. So far I've only done the air box snorkel mod and replaced the stock filter with a K&N cone style.

Whats interesting is that it runs quieter than the stock set up but feels like it has more power at higher RPM. Its as if it just runs better when you open the throttle up and the engine doesn't seem to work as hard at high RPMs. It really sounds good at ~2.5k-6k RPM (can't wait to hear the Nismo kit :D). I reset the idle air volume learning also and it idles smooth so no problems there. I don't know if I make any more power than before but the torque curve has changed for sure and I like it.

I'm open to any suggestions guys, thanks!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Make sure you go online and update the Bullydog to the latest version. It was night and day for me.

Reactions: NAlag

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I got a little impulsive yesterday and ended up ordering the Nismo catback. Cajun seems like the best performance plan but I'm just going to piece together somethings of my own as I get the funds (its fun to DIY hehe). I also found a good deal on a local bullydog triple gt that I should receive today. So far I've only done the air box snorkel mod and replaced the stock filter with a K&N cone style.

Whats interesting is that it runs quieter than the stock set up but feels like it has more power at higher RPM. Its as if it just runs better when you open the throttle up and the engine doesn't seem to work as hard at high RPMs. It really sounds good at ~2.5k-6k RPM (can't wait to hear the Nismo kit :D). I reset the idle air volume learning also and it idles smooth so no problems there. I don't know if I make any more power than before but the torque curve has changed for sure and I like it.

I'm open to any suggestions guys, thanks!
Nismo exhaust is fine but not with headers so beware of that, you can't add UQ resonators because of the dual pipe configuration. There are much better options out there for way less money.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, glad to know that I shouldn't match this kit with headers. I'm not looking to make this very loud, just add to the tone and give it some more aggression. What do you think of putting in 2.25" high flow catted bpipes with this kit? That wouldn't be till later but now I'm curious.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Ok, glad to know that I shouldn't match this kit with headers. I'm not looking to make this very loud, just add to the tone and give it some more aggression. What do you think of putting in 2.25" high flow catted bpipes with this kit? That wouldn't be till later but now I'm curious.
Nismo is one of the more aggressive systems I would hold off and see what you think about it. If you want it louder then Bpipes will help. Keep a eye on the welds pre and post muffler as those are prone to crack on those systems as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nismo is one of the more aggressive systems I would hold off and see what you think about it. If you want it louder then Bpipes will help. Keep a eye on the welds pre and post muffler as those are prone to crack on those systems as well.
Thats what I want to hear! thanks for the tips about the mufflers.

I do plan to buy those nismo headers for sale though and hold them until my stock manifold goes out. Then it'll be fun trying to quiet that beast down once those are installed haha.

Thinking ahead...

Ideas to tame it with headers installed:
-replace the nismo tips with Dr. Gas resonated tips
-Install CC inserts just after the bpipe cats
-x pipe
-Other methods of flow conditioning (nightowl check PM inbox)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thats what I want to hear! thanks for the tips about the mufflers.

I do plan to buy those nismo headers for sale though and hold them until my stock manifold goes out. Then it'll be fun trying to quiet that beast down once those are installed haha.

Thinking ahead...

Ideas to tame it with headers installed:
-replace the nismo tips with Dr. Gas resonated tips
-Install CC inserts just after the bpipe cats
-x pipe
-Other methods of flow conditioning (nightowl check PM inbox)
Welcome aboard!!! I love that you want to mod your beast but im looking at all the money you are spending and am curious to why..what goals...racing?....street machine....etc.

IMO you could spend way less and get so much more performance . But please do not let me stop you if your heart is set. I just know what works and what is all bling! I will jump on the bandwagon and also push you into a full cajun setup. The nismo is "cool" But way over priced as are the " Unicorn" Nismo headers. They are great headers but again IMO not worth what people ask for them. The JBA headers are the best for the $$$ .

Either way i am happy for you!!! Very excited to watch your build and if you need any help just ask!! Going fast is what we do :)
Home

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome aboard!!! I love that you want to mod your beast but im looking at all the money you are spending and am curious to why..what goals...racing?....street machine....etc.

IMO you could spend way less and get so much more performance . But please do not let me stop you if your heart is set. I just know what works and what is all bling! I will jump on the bandwagon and also push you into a full cajun setup. The nismo is "cool" But way over priced as are the " Unicorn" Nismo headers. They are great headers but again IMO not worth what people ask for them. The JBA headers are the best for the $$$ .

Either way i am happy for you!!! Very excited to watch your build and if you need any help just ask!! Going fast is what we do :)
Home
Thank you for the welcome!

My goal is to have a fun street machine that I can enjoy tinkering with and modding, but I may take it to the drag strip a few times since its just a 30 min drive away.

As for the nismo headers, I realize they are quite pricey but they are the only headers I can find that have equal length primaries. From a fluid dynamics standpoint, that's pretty important to me. The exhaust pulses should line up better "in theory". I think it will work better in the low-mid rpm range where the titan is already tuned to make power so I won't need to do as much tuning myself.

So all in all, I just want them because of the design and the PRT clones are like $3000 LOL.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Like Walt said those Nismo headers are so overrated I would not waste my money. The fastest Titans out there run JBA and those are in the $400 dollar range and utilize the same material with larger collector size. JMHO. Use that extra money for TruTrac as you will need it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If i bought Nismo headers it would be to bolt to a VK engine in my Living room!!! I wish i was a wealthy person. I would have the coolest Man Cave ever lol.

Those Nismo headers are awesome!! But the small collector size will kill your HP and in the long run you could of built a full custom set of proper primary size,equal tube length and scavenging collector size for under 2K. check out Custom stainless and mild steel headers fabricated by Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc. This is who i contacted last year to get a set built. But to be honest unless you boost or spray a large shot ( 150 ) up the JBA long tubes are perfect!!

Please post pics!!! Very excited no matter what you do. Love seeing the MOD MY T bug lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the info, thats certainly something to think about. My cousin and I are going to put on the nismo catback that came in today. I'll be sure to snap some pics!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts