Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Titan Performance sucks!

This truck is too dam powerful! You have to be cautious of your speed, I just got my first ticket, yes my real first after almost 25 years. 57 in a 45 this SUCKS! The sheriff recomended that I not pay it and go to court and explain to the judge it was a new truck.

I have to admit I was doing the speed, and am guilty. I just did not know I was going that fast until the officer told me so!

Have I said yet, this SUCKS!

·
Registered
266 Posts
rofl ... congrats man! =)

Doghouse said:
This truck is too dam powerful! You have to be cautious of your speed, I just got my first ticket, yes my real first after almost 25 years. 57 in a 45 this SUCKS! The sheriff recomended that I not pay it and go to court and explain to the judge it was a new truck.

I have to admit I was doing the speed, and am guilty. I just did not know I was going that fast until the officer told me so!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doghouse said:

I've gotten out of every speeding ticket I've ever gotten (lawyer free). It's not that hard.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Doghouse said:

Dude, that does suck. My advice is to go to court and just tell the judge that you want to do whatever it takes to keep your record clean. Typcially, they will lower the speed on the citation to a level that keeps it out of the prying eyes of the insurance companies but above the level that will allow them to generate revenue for their municipality/county. Since you have a clean record to this point, they will recognize this and work with you. Then, go and invest the savings that you got on you ticket in a good radar/laser detecetor (Passport or Valentine 1).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Contact the prosecutor, explain, apologize and ask to have it reduced to an equipment violation. No points, not a moving violation.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Doghouse...

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my driving is highway (65 mph posted) and I can't count the number of times I've caught myself doing 90. It just happens...I think the damn thing is possessed! :coolsmile So far, I've lucked out and haven't gotten a ticket, but that could change in a heartbeat. Gotta concentrate on keeping this beast under control! :bangit:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Doghouse said:

Explain to me why you titled this thread "Titan performance sucks"...???? I do believe it should have been "My driving performance sucks".... Your lead foot should not be excused. A truck, car, van, motorcycle, airplane, whatever, does not have "performance suckage".....Reminds me of how everytime there's an accident involving an SUV, it always says "SUV flips driver and kills him" or "SUV hits tree, driver seriously injured" sheesh, vehicles don't have minds...they're told what to do

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
and another thing.....why the heck are all of you trying to get out of the speeding ticket thing?? This is ridiculous, its kind of like for every action there is an equal or opposite reaction....IF YOU SPEED, YOU'RE GONNA GET A FRIGGIN TICKET IF A COP CATCHES YOU DOING IT!!! Holy crap people, this thread is like watching a bunch of 3rd graders conversing, it makes no sense.

"Contact the prosecutor, explain, apologize and ask to have it reduced to an equipment violation. No points, not a moving violation"---What the crap is that?? YOU WERE SPEEDING, THERE IS A CONSEQUENCE FOR THAT....

"It just happens...I think the damn thing is possessed!"...OMG...you must be kidding. Yep, you're right, the Titan has a manufacturing flaw and they are all demon possessed and now we are all being plagued by SUVs and trucks that have a mind of their own....we are innocent and shouldn't have to pay speeding tickets anymore. I don't deserve to pay a speeding ticket because my BRAND NEW truck is possessed and forced me to speed.

By the way...This thread is a joke--How about we go to talking about how the Titan is the best truck out there and how to make it even better!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
lighten up!

Howie Kaluha said:
By the way...This thread is a joke--How about we go to talking about how the Titan is the best truck out there and how to make it even better!!
This thread is a joke, but not in the way you are portraying it. Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Lighten up! These guys are just poking fun and we ARE allowed to do this at Titan Talk.

just my $0.02
:teethmast

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To: Howie
Re: Title Naming Convention

The reason I used the title the way I did, was for the sake of a little known thing in this country. It is something called humor. Back in the 20's to the 50's it was commonly used. With the advent of the Lawyers and frivolous law suits its use and the un-chastized use of it has greatly diminished. It did exactly what was expected, it caught your attention and drew you into reading the post. In response to your comment that I am blaming the truck and not myself, it is obvious that you did not read my entire post. I have fully acknowledged and announced my guilt, as well as my inattentiveness to my environment.

In conclusion, please consider the full intent of the post.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Alright, well, that's cool. I just get uptight when it comes to the whole speeding ticket thing. I got one 3 years ago in a piece of crap Ford Ranger going 15 over on the Interstate....that did suck and accepted full guilt for it. I guess I am just a perfectionist...that's all. No harm meant :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
If I were you, I would probably just take defensive driving to get it off of your record. Send a copy of course completion to your insurance company and they may lower your insurance premium as well. Doesn't sound like you get many tickets at all.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Titan off road performance sucks!

Titan off road performance sucks!

...due to a different reason: lack of neither limited slip differential nor the electronic locking differential on the rear axle.

Eaton has no plans to offer a 3rd party e-locker for the Titan. My Nissan sales man said Titan had "limited slip" capability, but he meant ALSB (the brake controler - which does not work as advertised).

I purchased the Titan as an "off roader" to replace the Jeep Wrangler Sahara(too small for our gang, is good for a couple of folks) to explore off road trails.

Titan's still pretty good as an off roading truck, but I'll glady pay for traction aids (e-lockers) on both front AND rear axle differentials.

p.s. I and my wife have no trouble with the power and its penchant to speed so eagerly. why, we would even enjoy MORE power...

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
pluckyew said:
I bot the Titan as an "off roader" to replace the Jeep Wrangler (too small) to explore off road trails.
I am sorry, but what did you do? You "bot" the Titan as an "off roader". What the heck is that supposed to mean? :)

I certainly hope you meant to type BOUGHT and just didn't know how to spell it. :computern

·
Registered
779 Posts
chill, rrumaner

yeah yeah I "bought" it, OK? so what if i typed 'bot' -- most people would have understood and not be so nit picky about slang spelling. Gees wizz :upsidedow.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Doghouse said:
To: Howie
Re: Title Naming Convention

The reason I used the title the way I did, was for the sake of a little known thing in this country. It is something called humor. Back in the 20's to the 50's it was commonly used. With the advent of the Lawyers and frivolous law suits its use and the un-chastized use of it has greatly diminished. It did exactly what was expected, it caught your attention and drew you into reading the post. In response to your comment that I am blaming the truck and not myself, it is obvious that you did not read my entire post. I have fully acknowledged and announced my guilt, as well as my inattentiveness to my environment.

In conclusion, please consider the full intent of the post.
amen, brother! :poke

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
pluckyew said:
yeah yeah I "bought" it, OK? so what if i typed 'bot' -- most people would have understood and not be so nit picky about slang spelling. Gees wizz :upsidedow.
Slang spelling? When did that start being an accepted way to spell "bought"? I read it to be more like bot as in roBOT. Or maybe you are from Boston and your spelling reflects your accent. I would hate to see how you spell park and car and walk and dog. :jester:

Seriously though, you are getting upset for nothing. I was having fun with you. Spelling is a pet peeve with me. I just wish they would teach spelling in schools today like they did when I was in school.

·
Registered
662 Posts
rrumaner said:
Or maybe you are from Boston and your spelling reflects your accent. I would hate to see how you spell park and car and walk and dog. :jester:
pawk tha caar
wawk tha dawg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts