Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
pluckyew said:
.

Eaton has no plans to offer a 3rd party e-locker for the Titan. My Nissan sales man said Titan had "limited slip" capability, but he meant ALSB (the brake controler - which does not work as advertised).
I wonder if you can even buy a Dana e-locker for the Titan, or any other truck, in the aftermarket. The following is a quote from the new CEO of Dana (from car connection):

Dana had put in place a solid strategic plan before he took the post as CEO, Burns said. "Getting rid of the aftermarket, I think, was the right thing to do," Burns told reporters after a Dana press conference at the annual Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
things i learned in grammer school

well, my 6th grade english class "final exam" result in Fairfax, Virginia, went like this:
vocabulary... A
comprehension... A
spelling... F
the other thang i can recall was that everyone was laughting at me (or with me, not sure which) :jester:

so there rrumaner, my spelling aint so good. (by the way, nice choice of color there on your titan)

but since i managed to buy a titan without an E-locker, it appears that my comprehension marks an "F" now a days, but what the heck: it's only money!

the things is i can't find anyone i can pay to install e-lockers... so I may just buy another titan kc se just to get the rear axle differential and then wait for the install of the front e-locker when it's possible :huh: if you think that doesn't sound too bright then well, you maybe right! ... i just like to buy the best that i can afford at the time. off-roading tools (for exploring, wilderness camping, fishing, & hunting -- with my family) are something i'm willing to pay for.

now if Nissan would come out with an LE that has six seats then i can also get side air bags. my laptop plays & records dvds and i have a gps, so i just want the rear e-locker and side-air-bags for my titan. (i almost considered a gmc 2500hd ext 4wd, but was $7,000 more, for a weaker 6.0L engine)


now, back to topic: i AM surprised that i've not yet gotten a speeding ticket as i've cruised around speeding. just yesterday, i was "racing" a BMW 3.. on narrow and twisty Highway 1...i let him pass to check out a Coastal Acess parking, but soon i saw the "no dog allowed" sign so I pulled back on the hwy and LOL that black Beemer's pulled over by the CHP, getting the ticket that I "deserved"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Howie, the Titan Demon got me pulled over also...Officer said I was doing 55 in 35 after only driving what seemed like 150 yards or less fixin to pull into a Sonic. I think he just wanted to look at truck..He let me go am I a bad guy?

20 plus years no tickets! I even had wife and kids in vehicle. To this day I don't think I was going that fast that quickly! Dang this Demon! Don't let him loose!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
very creative thread name. :jester: i admit this truck does haul arse, in no time your up to 50 and it seems like your only doin 25 lol guess its just so big compared to my previous vehicles. :eveilgrin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Why did the sheriff give you the ticket?

Doghouse said:
This truck is too dam powerful! You have to be cautious of your speed, I just got my first ticket, yes my real first after almost 25 years. 57 in a 45 this SUCKS! The sheriff recomended that I not pay it and go to court and explain to the judge it was a new truck.

I have to admit I was doing the speed, and am guilty. I just did not know I was going that fast until the officer told me so!

Have I said yet, this SUCKS!
If the sheriff recommended that you not pay it and explain to the judge about it being a new truck, then why the heck did he write up the ticket?

I got my first ticket ever after nearly 19 years of driving. One week before Christmas last year. I'm still pissed! I'm hoping the truck will SLOW me down as it's my Z3 that got me in trouble: 59 in a 40 mph zone in BFE of all places. I guess the deputy sheriffs in HANOVER COUNTY, VA don't have anything better to do with their time except set up speed traps. I felt like I was in a bad episode of the "Dukes of Hazzard" in Hazzard Co.!

I'm really not bitter. Honest!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Dukes of Hazzard!!!!


Where are the wholesome fun shows of today?? Not to mention those bluejean shorts. :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
At least if I received a speeding ticket, I'd know it was a legitimate fine for doing something that is at least potentially dangerous.

I just got a $230 fine (plus insurance premium increases for years to come) for not having the current year's registration sticker on my license plate. I bought the registration before it expired but didn't apply the sticker because my license plate was totally covered in ice and snow and I wasn't driving my truck at the time. 2 days later the snow melted and a "special" constable patrolling my quiet residential street at 1:00 am spotted my "safety violation". True, I broke the letter of the law but this kind of enforcement just creates a lot of bitterness towards the police. But around here, the police use these kinds of fines to satisfy their ever increasing revenue needs (since city council won't give them what they want for all their new toys and raises). In this case, the criminals are the ones in uniform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
keane said:
This thread is a joke, but not in the way you are portraying it. Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Lighten up! These guys are just poking fun and we ARE allowed to do this at Titan Talk.

just my $0.02
:teethmast
Yeah, don't you know sarcasm? :)

SARKAZM!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Contact the prosecutor, explain, apologize and ask to have it reduced to an equipment violation. No points, not a moving violation"---What the crap is that?? YOU WERE SPEEDING, THERE IS A CONSEQUENCE FOR THAT....

Right, the consequence is a fine for an equipment violation. More than enough to reinforce the issue of "you were bad" without causing your insurance man to climb up your *** and do jumping jacks.

Lighten up Francis.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,828 Posts
Derodeo said:
At least if I received a speeding ticket, I'd know it was a legitimate fine for doing something that is at least potentially dangerous.

I just got a $230 fine (plus insurance premium increases for years to come) for not having the current year's registration sticker on my license plate. I bought the registration before it expired but didn't apply the sticker because my license plate was totally covered in ice and snow and I wasn't driving my truck at the time. 2 days later the snow melted and a "special" constable patrolling my quiet residential street at 1:00 am spotted my "safety violation". True, I broke the letter of the law but this kind of enforcement just creates a lot of bitterness towards the police. But around here, the police use these kinds of fines to satisfy their ever increasing revenue needs (since city council won't give them what they want for all their new toys and raises). In this case, the criminals are the ones in uniform.
Wow, and I thought Canadians lived in a LIBERAL society!!!!

Here that would be a "fix-it" ticket with a $10 "processing" fee. :teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
37L1 said:
Wow, and I thought Canadians lived in a LIBERAL society!!!!

Here that would be a "fix-it" ticket with a $10 "processing" fee. :teethmast
Well it pretty much used to be that way here too. Recently fines have been increased dramatically to be "better representative of the dangerousness of the offence" and to be more of a deterrent. The more accurate phrase "revenue raising" was never mentioned. So failing to yield to a pedistrian used to be about a $75 fine and now is around $450 I believe. I'm having difficulty seeing the dangerous offence I caused by being parked on the street without my current registration sticker applied on my license plate. I filed a complaint with the police department but that got me no where. The police abuse their photo radar enforcement policy here too but it is all part of their need for revenue in an environment where no government will grant their budget requests. In the larger picture you can look at this abuse as part of the "user pay" philosophy so popular now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Doghouse said:
This truck is too dam powerful! You have to be cautious of your speed, I just got my first ticket, yes my real first after almost 25 years. 57 in a 45 this SUCKS! The sheriff recomended that I not pay it and go to court and explain to the judge it was a new truck.

I have to admit I was doing the speed, and am guilty. I just did not know I was going that fast until the officer told me so!

Have I said yet, this SUCKS!

I guarantee you wont see this type of post on the "Ford" forums. LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I have REALLY got to watch my speed...especially on the Interstate...couldn't seem to drop below 85-90 on this weekend's trip...I haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 17 and never have run afoul of the law since, just not my nature....but the Titan is corruptive! Maybe my speeding on the big road has to do with the fact that when I exit for another Dew, I spend so much time showing the Titan off, and feel I must catch back up! This weekend, I had the entire staff and customers of a Quik-Mart file out and check out my Titan and I truly spent 15 min. talking Titan with them...five of them were ready to trade for a Titan! This is wild! :cheers:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,828 Posts
Briarman said:
I have REALLY got to watch my speed...especially on the Interstate...couldn't seem to drop below 85-90 on this weekend's trip...I haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 17 and never have run afoul of the law since, just not my nature....but the Titan is corruptive! Maybe my speeding on the big road has to do with the fact that when I exit for another Dew, I spend so much time showing the Titan off, and feel I must catch back up! This weekend, I had the entire staff and customers of a Quik-Mart file out and check out my Titan and I truly spent 15 min. talking Titan with them...five of them were ready to trade for a Titan! This is wild! :cheers:
Yep, like being 18 again . . . . . showin' at the quikee mart. :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
dman's Boston accent attempt

dman said, " pawk tha caar" and "wawk tha dawg"... No offense but you are off the mark. I sounded out what you typed and that is no Boston/Eastern Massachusetts accent. What you typed is much more like a Rhode Island or a Long Island, New York accent. A proper Boston/Mass. accent would look like this, "pahk the cah" and as for "wawk tha dawg", well we pronounce it as "walk the dog" not, "wawk tha dawg".
 
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Top