Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last couple of days ive found my titan completely dead in my garage...i mean the battery completely drained...so I jumped the truck the first few times thinking I might have left a light on or something..truck ran fine for a few days..then again the same problem...so im jumping it and nothing is happening for 20mins...We decided to try a new battery...put a new battery in and the truck started immediately...few days go by..and the truck is dead AGAIN!...by this time I know for sure I didn't leave anything open or on...so now i jump it and call the dealer since I have the extended warranty...take it to the dealer..the dealer checks it out and tells me theres a $110 fee to check it out...why? Isn't this stuff covered under warranty...? the man says the differential cover also needs to be changed and thats covered under warranty..he also mentioned something about new window buttons that the new titans have..so i say ok thinking all of this is covered under warranty...after my truck is worked on they couldnt find any problem with the starting/battery problems I was having..they change the differential cover and tell me the buttons are going to be 100 something...plus the diagnostic...and you should get your 30k service and a micro filter...putting me at a grand total of $900+ dollars.. what's the point in having a warranty if you have to pay 100-150 everytime you go to the dealer? I told him straight i dont have that kind of money Ill just pay for the diagnostic and Ill do the warrantied differential cover replacement...do you guys pay 500+ for the 30k service and all this other stuff too or do you go somewhere else...anyone with similar problems with their warranty?...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go get your alternator tested. Also, are you the original owner or did you buy it from someone else? Is there aftermarket stereo systems or aftermarket alarms or lights? It's a posibility that some aftermarket stuff is installed wrong causing it to drain your battery.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sounds like the same thing I went through a week ago with my Excursion. One morning it was dead so I charged both batteries (2 in a diesel) and by the time my wife went and dropped off all the kids at school and went to the store it was dead. So I jumped it and got it running and drove it home. When I got there I pulled the batts which were 3 years old anyway and in Phoenix that is about all you get. I bought 2 new ones and installed them and it worked great for 4 days until we had to drive home at night. Everything was acting haywire when we would get to a stop light, lights flickering, radio dying, dash gauges dying. As soon as the light was green and we were moving a good pace everything would start working again. So, I thought alternator. Next morning I pulled it and went to Autozone. They tested it and sure enough it was bad, only putting out a charge at speed which is not good. I bought a new one and now everything is working great. The alternator died and since my old batteries were already weak from being 3 years old it wiped them out. That was a nice $405.00 dollar problem. Pull your alternator and take it to Autozone or Checker and have it tested. If you are still under warrabty have Nissan test it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think any of the regular service interval maintenance stuff is covered under any warranty by the way. It might be in some places but I have never heard of that.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Ummmmm, our trucks have a volt meter in the dash. Make sure it always reads 14 or higher, if it does, the alternator is fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for all the replies guys...to answer the questions...I am the second owner of this truck...I have 7000k HIDS that are aftermarket lights i guess..but Ive had them on the truck for a good 6months or so now...no problems until recently...the dealer told me the factory warranty is up and I only have the extended warranty now..I didn't check the alternator but I thought maybe when i took it to nissan they should have checked that...the voltage meter in the truck is always above halfway when im in it or the truck is on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts