Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its not on the market (which not much is for Titan) then sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands.
Two horse stall mats 4'x6'x3/4" from tractor supply $70 in materials and about 3-4 hrs labor. Made a template and cut with an oscillator tool. Finished the edges with a utility knife. Would suggest having a helper because these mats weight 80lbs each before cutting. I think it came out better than expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
You should make a few extras and sell them to forum members!!!

If its not on the market (which not much is for Titan) then sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands.
Two horse stall mats 4'x6'x3/4" from tractor supply $70 in materials and about 3-4 hrs labor. Made a template and cut with an oscillator tool. Finished the edges with a utility knife. Would suggest having a helper because these mats weight 80lbs each before cutting. I think it came out better than expected.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a GM mat in my 2010 1500....cut 1.5" off the front of it and it flopped right into the Titan like it was made for it. (Ya...the GM logo probably costs me a tenth in the 1/4...lol)

Yes, I know it covers up the rail thingy system and the factory box liner...still fits, and I don't need the tie-down rails thingys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice! I am not crazy about the rough finish on the bottom of my 2015 Titan bed.

I removed the tie-down rails on the sides and bottom because I never used them and thought they looked ugly (aluminum on black = ugly).

How did you make the template? And what did you make it out of?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just used 1 of these mats on a 2017 5.5' bed, about 1 inch from the edge of each wheel well, covers most of the bed and cut 6 inches off the long end with a razor knife.One can always buy just one to see if you like it this way as you still have to cut the long end.Don't worry about the wind lifting it up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts