Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And maybe mine. I was in an accident this morning on my way to work. Long version will come later when I have a keyboard. Short story is if my truck didn't have the acceleration it does I would have been tboned in my passenger door at 35 mph. As it was I saw it coming, floored it and took the hit in my rear bumper and lower bed panel.

I have absolutely no doubt id be in a hospital bed right now if it weren't for the trucks power and responsiveness. Thank god for the black tank.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Premium Member
77,852 Posts
Glad you made it out to tell the tale. :thumbsup:
The Titan can take a hit. A few of us here can attest to that.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Glad you walked away. Let us know how the T fared.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Glad to hear your okay dude. Thats what i love about these trucks. Hopefully you came out with no frame damage too!!

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
58,743 Posts
There are a few on this forum that can thank their Titan for being able to walk away from a devastating or potentially devastating accident. Glad to hear you are OK. Trucks can be fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Whole story goes like this. I was driving to work and stopped at a redlight on an intersection. I adjusted my radio, looked up and my light was green(had been for maybe 1-3 seconds). I headed into the intersection and got about half way accross before I noticed a red ford focus that wasnt going to stop at the light. I was too far in to stop(he would have hit right in the center of my passenger doors) so I floored it. I managed to get the truck far enough that he hit my rear bumper and quarter panel. It cracked the pinch welds inside the inner edge of the tailgate/fender, twisted, dented, tore my rear bumper. Most of my passenger rear bed is twisted. I got a repair estimate for 1600.00 bucks.

My truck actually looks pretty good compared to his focus. It trashed his whole front end. Ive played the scene out 1,000s of times in my mind today, and I honestly believe had I been in another vehicle I would have been severely injured. Ill add some pics tonight.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You would be fine even if you where t boned.

Some dude half asleep pulled across my lane taking a turn and I t-boned him at about 45mph. I was in my Maxima and he was in a F150. My car was crushed and his truck had lower panel damage and wouldn't start.

Miss my poor Max :(

·
Premium Member
46,428 Posts
Glad your okay, trucks can be fixed or replaced.

A little get up and go is often helpful but 5500 lbs of rolling steel to offers nice protection too

·
Registered
51 Posts
Skyshark - you are the one that deserves the credit for preventing a more serious accident that could have resulted in bodily harm. It was your quick thinking to slam down on the accelerator to get the heck out of the way of the car that ran the red light. Good job and hope they do a stand-up job repairing your T.
Pete

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Glad to hear your okay dude. Thats what i love about these trucks. Hopefully you came out with no frame damage too!!

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
Sh*t when my mother hit a pole in a parking lot (quite hard) on the driver side, they took it to the shop, few days later they called us back saying the frame was bent 2" out of stock, they grabbed it with a machine and forced it back into place. That made me a little sketchy on our frames though. Not that i wouldn't trust it over a Tundras :eyebrow:

Back on topic, you are a very lucky man skyshark! Do you do something regularly that increases your reaction speed?? :bangit:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Amen! Took a 3/4 head-on in my '04. I was able to drive away, he had to get a tow! (80's full-size Bronco)

Love, love, love, my Titan!

-Lab

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok....finally got around to picks. I wasnt composed enough to get any of the focus that hit me. But it looked pretty similar to the car above. Not as much low bumper damage, but its pretty close up high. Comparitively the titan took a pretty small, but serious amount of damage.

First is a broken pinch weld below the light.

Next is a crack in the metal above the light.

You can see that the whole bedside has twisted.

Bumper damage

And finally, on another note. The accident made me a little nervous of the plastic on my front bumper. Ill be ordering a new bumper made from 1/4 inch steel soon, but till then I got a screamin deal on some 18's and a factory grille guard. So the front got a little armor. For any of you who didnt use the upper braces on the factory guard....I would seriously reconsider your decision. I mounted it as stout as I could with just the lower four bolts and shoved the top and could move it. After adding the upper mounts its VERY stout. Its still going to bend in a car to car collision, but Im confident it could take a hit from a deer or turkey(which is a realistic possibility in my life as a hunter on backroads).

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Glad to hear your OK & avoided being in a worse accident! That's some quick reflex's man, some people might have froze up in a situation like that!

The damage doesn't look too bad, you got lucky!

You would be fine even if you where t boned.

Some dude half asleep pulled across my lane taking a turn and I t-boned him at about 45mph. I was in my Maxima and he was in a F150. My car was crushed and his truck had lower panel damage and wouldn't start.

Miss my poor Max
That suck's man!!! I love Maxima's too, always wanted one!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
This is a bit strange. I have seen a shopping cart do more damage than this.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol. I can assure you it wasnt a shopping cart. An 07 ford focus isnt all THAT far from a shopping cart........but still.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts