Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t believe the new Titan side bed is cracked. I have a 2004 Nissan titan it’s steel is Like a tank it has 314,000 miles on it. I bought a new 2017 take last year January. I have 56,000 miles on it I have side toolbox and a roof rack which are all a aluminum. Now the side bed it’s starting to crack on the driver side . As a business owner I don’t need the downtime. This truck has already been in for a bunch of sensor repairs now I got to take it back hopefully they will fix this. Does anyone have any advice? I’m thinking about packing it in and buying a real truck Ford F250 long bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
wow that's odd for it to crack like that there. I have issues with the front "headwall" of the bed not being strong enough, it's actually been in back of my mind to reinforce it somehow this winter. I load my ATV in there and it has pushed against it a few times too many and it's bulging out towards the cab of the truck.

let's face it, you got a truck with 314,000 miles on it, no shame in that. I've always said that I love my Titan, but it's not built for everyday "work" usage. It just isn't, plain and simple. I am a 15 year Titan owner and wouldn't fault you one bit for switching to an F250 or other 3/4 Ton pickup. You'll be much happier in the end.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
On another note, I've also thought that a big cargo van like a Ram ProMaster or Ford Transit would be better than having a pickup truck for contractor type usage. Way easier to organize the stuff and it's all able to be locked up and out of the weather. Plus u can still haul all the ladders or lumber you need to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts