Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2019 Titan SL 4x4 with the off-road package which is the 18" pro-4x wheels with P275/70R18 general grabber tires.
It lists Bilstien shocks as part of the package but they don't look like bilstiens to me?
Anyone have this truck?
It rides great on gravel roads or on pavement but how can I tell if in fact there are Bilstiens installed?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In past Bils are blue and yellow - Nissan OEM are black.
thanks after crawling under the front see bilstiens on front but black OEM's on rear Is that right or should there be Bilstiens front and rear?
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front and back blue/yellow bils on my '17 - I just checked, in case I was dreaming.
Thanks for going through the trouble to check!
I brought it to the dealer and some how??? They only put the bilstiens on the front "Go figure"
They replaced the rear shocks to they are 5100 Bilstiens on all 4 Problem solved:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks for going through the trouble to check!
I brought it to the dealer and some how??? They only put the bilstiens on the front "Go figure"
They replaced the rear shocks to they are 5100 Bilstiens on all 4 Problem solved:)
Hhmmm you night this used or new? I would check the VIN to see if it really did come with that package or check carfax for a possible accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hhmmm you night this used or new? I would check the VIN to see if it really did come with that package or check carfax for a possible accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Titans are all assembled in Canton, MS. MS is for Mississippi, as in, the state that's always 49th or 50th in the nation in all things education-related. Got a bunch of dum-dums putting these trucks together that are working an unskilled position on an assembly line. Probably ran out of the rear Bilsteins and the line boss told them to put whatever on it. Used to work in automotive manufacturing and saw it every day. 🙄😒

·
Registered
282 Posts
Note sure what your background is or your basis for belittling MS personnel. However, automobile manufacturers do not work in such a casual manner. In order to make any change, they have to go through an arduous change control procedure. In other words, changes are not done willy-nilly and upon verbal instructions. They have to demonstrate via assessments by subject matter expert groups that a proposed change has no adverse impact to form, fit and function. Upon approval of the proposed change, and implementation, the change is tested to determine whether expected results were satisfactorily met.

With respect to this thread, it is not clear by reading post #9 whether the truck came from the factory with an factory SL off road package or it was added by the dealer and called an off road package. It would be nice to see the official window sticker for the truck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Note sure what your background is or your basis for belittling MS personnel. However, automobile manufacturers do not work in such a casual manner. In order to make any change, they have to go through an arduous change control procedure. In other words, changes are not done willy-nilly and upon verbal instructions. They have to demonstrate via assessments by subject matter expert groups that a proposed change has no adverse impact to form, fit and function. Upon approval of the proposed change, and implementation, the change is tested to determine whether expected results were satisfactorily met.

With respect to this thread, it is not clear by reading post #9 whether the truck came from the factory with an factory SL off road package or it was added by the dealer and called an off road package. It would be nice to see the official window sticker for the truck.
That is surely the "official" process but seeing just what's been slapped together on my truck and how shoddy many of the fit and finish items are, in practice it's more like "Can't see that from my house! Send it!" Their QC is garbage on these trucks. Very disappointing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Keep in mind the 19 Titan was rated highest in initial quality by JD Power, in the light duty full size trucks class. Not sure what year truck you have, but there is marginal differences between the 17 - 19 models. I have the 18 Pro-4X and will buy another one in a heartbeat.

I did notice a slight left to right alignment of my front bumper and recently thought my wiper mist control was not functioning. The latter issue is my error. The mist control works just fine on my truck. Other than these issues, my ventilated seats can operate stronger, and I have seen a large sticker behind the leather perforations in the seat back. So sloppy assembly by the seat manufacturer. I will take care of the seat issue at some point down the road. Fit and finish, otherwise is perfect with the truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts