Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many have been asking about Snow Plow applications for Titan. Even though Nissan does not officially recommend snow plow installation on Titan, I wanted to pass along the news that we now have a manufacturer that is going to be making a snow plow for Titan. For the past several months we have been in contact with Western Plows (also known as Fisher in some markets) on getting a personal-use application snow plow ready for Titan. The Titan we provided them has met their crash-safety requirements and we expect that a snow plow kit will be ready by 11/5.

Provided below are the links to Fisher and Western websites so that your dealers can determine the nearest distributor. Most likely model from Fisher will be either the Homesteader series of the LD series. Western model will most likely be called the Suburbanite. (their website has not yet been update to reflect the Titan).

www.fisherplows.com
www.westernplows.com

Please keep in mind that as before, Nissan still does not recommend snow plow usage on Titan (due to the fact that durability testing has not been conducted) so any damage to a customer’s vehicle from plowing can not be covered under warranty. If this changes in the near future I will pass it along.

·
Registered
372 Posts
GLAD TO HEAR . WHY DOESN'T NISSAN OFFER A SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE?
AND WHY DON'T THEY RECOMMEND PUTTING A PLOW ON THE TITAN ? THE TRUCK HANDLES MY PLOW GREAT . NISSAN HYPE'S UP THE TRUCK SO MUCH YET WANTS TO VOID YOU WARRANTY BECAUSE OF A PLOW ? SO I COULD TOW 9500 lbs ALL YEAR ROUND , BUT THE TRUCK CAN'T PUSH SOME SNOW FOR 3-4 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR ? THE TITAN IS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK , BUT IF NISSAN WANTS TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG 3 THEY NEED TO ACCOMEDATE THE WORKING MAN ALSO . 1600 lb PAYLOAD IS A LITTLE SOFT ALSO . THE TRUCK IS STRONG ENOUGH , NISSAN JUST NEEDS TO GET THEIR B*LLS UP !!! THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS . YET TECHNICALLY ITS GOOD NEWS FROM A PLOW DEALER , WE NEED TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS FROM NISSAN ...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
20TITAN04 said:
GLAD TO HEAR . WHY DOESN'T NISSAN OFFER A SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE?
AND WHY DON'T THEY RECOMMEND PUTTING A PLOW ON THE TITAN ? THE TRUCK HANDLES MY PLOW GREAT . NISSAN HYPE'S UP THE TRUCK SO MUCH YET WANTS TO VOID YOU WARRANTY BECAUSE OF A PLOW ? SO I COULD TOW 9500 lbs ALL YEAR ROUND , BUT THE TRUCK CAN'T PUSH SOME SNOW FOR 3-4 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR ? THE TITAN IS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK , BUT IF NISSAN WANTS TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG 3 THEY NEED TO ACCOMEDATE THE WORKING MAN ALSO . 1600 lb PAYLOAD IS A LITTLE SOFT ALSO . THE TRUCK IS STRONG ENOUGH , NISSAN JUST NEEDS TO GET THEIR B*LLS UP !!! THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS . YET TECHNICALLY ITS GOOD NEWS FROM A PLOW DEALER , WE NEED TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS FROM NISSAN ...
First, why always in caps?

Second, and I could be totally wrong here but, I don't think the big 3 offer the plow packages on their light duty trucks, and if they do I would venture it comes along with more than just a plow in front. The Titan front end isn't designed for plowing and the transmission is a question mark at this point. There is also a difference between personal plowing and commercial plowing. I promise you that you will drastically cut down on the life of your front end if you plow all winter.

·
Banned
3,871 Posts
Once again it's not so much the weight of the plow but the weight of the snow.
Snow twelve inchs deep weighs around 3 pounds per square foot.Unlike towing a trailer that has wheels you push snow, thus the further you push the heavier the load becomes.
When towing the opposite is true.Getting the trailer moving is the hardest part.
And before someone asks for proof about the weight of snow Do an internet search on the subject or ask a meteorologist friend.

·
Registered
372 Posts
TriKKy said:
First, why always in caps?

Second, and I could be totally wrong here but, I don't think the big 3 offer the plow packages on their light duty trucks, and if they do I would venture it comes along with more than just a plow in front. The Titan front end isn't designed for plowing and the transmission is a question mark at this point. There is also a difference between personal plowing and commercial plowing. I promise you that you will drastically cut down on the life of your front end if you plow all winter.

FIRST, I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I'M NOT A GOOD TYPER & IT'S JUST EASIER . SORRY IF I OFFEND ANYONE.
SECOND, A PLOW PREP PACKAGE DOESN'T MEAN THE TRUCK COMES WITH A PLOW ON IT . IT MEANS THE TRUCK IS PRE WIRED FOR A PLOW , TRANNY COOLER , BIGGER ALTERNATOR & BATTERY , AND HEAVY DUTY SPRINGS . IF I'M NOT MISTAKING , THE BIG TOW PACKAGE HAS EVERYTHING BUT THE PRE WIREING . ALSO SOME OF THE NEW HEAVYDUTY TRUCKS ON THE MARKET TODAY DON'T HAVE SOLID FRONT AXLES. WHEN YOU PLOW SNOW FOR A LIVING , YOU DON'T SIT HOME AND WAIT FOR 12" OF SNOW TO FALL , YOU PLOW EVERY 3-4 INCHES , AND YOUR NOT PUSHING IT STRAIGHT AHEAD , BUT TO THE SIDE .PLOWING ALL WINTER( HERE IN NEW YORK ) CAN CONSIST OF 4 - 5 STORMS = 4 - 5 DAYS OUT OF 365. THERE ARE GUYS PLOWING WITH S10"s , JEEP WRANGLERS, BLAZERS, AND JIMMYS ,ALL WITH NO PROBLEM , MAKING BIG MONEY . I JUST DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYBODY HAS A HEART ATTACK WHEN THEY HEAR SNOW PLOW ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts