Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big is the Titan subwoofer under the front seat, and also could someone let me know where the amp is located. I am looking to change out my door speakers for better quality ones, and also change out the amp maybe,

thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about the RF package, and I think that's the only way you get a sub with the Titan. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but it's an 8" sub under the driver's seat. If you look there is a black plastic box and I think the amp is there also. I think it's also a 250w amp.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was referring to the RF package. Any chance you have the dimensions of the box. Also so are the four door speakers run by the deck, and not the amp? Last questions I checked crutchfield, but they list only 5 speakers (two front, two rear, and the sub) are there any other stock speaker ports in the vehicle somewhere? AS I thought their were more speakers in the RF package

My truck wont be deliverd for two more weeks, just getting the jump, so I can have everything ready when it arrives.

smcewen31 said:
I'm assuming you're talking about the RF package, and I think that's the only way you get a sub with the Titan. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but it's an 8" sub under the driver's seat. If you look there is a black plastic box and I think the amp is there also. I think it's also a 250w amp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Obviously not in my truck right now so I'm trying to recall exactly but I believe there are 3 speakers above the the dash under the windshield. Two smaller ones on the sides and one in the center directly over the head unit. I think the speakers are pushed by the amp. I'm right there with you about replacing the speakers and amp. It's good and all but just not what I'm used to. I don't know the size of the box. I have no idea what the volume is for the amp either, as like I said I think the box under the seat houses the amp as well as the sub. Maybe someone with the service manual will have that info.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THX 4 all the help, are ther any others willing to help out I see all the views??

smcewen31 said:
Obviously not in my truck right now so I'm trying to recall exactly but I believe there are 3 speakers above the the dash under the windshield. Two smaller ones on the sides and one in the center directly over the head unit. I think the speakers are pushed by the amp. I'm right there with you about replacing the speakers and amp. It's good and all but just not what I'm used to. I don't know the size of the box. I have no idea what the volume is for the amp either, as like I said I think the box under the seat houses the amp as well as the sub. Maybe someone with the service manual will have that info.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The sub is a 10". The amp is 350watts (probaby more like 15-20rms though). All speakers run off the amp which is located under the dash above the accellerator.

If you read the XM install instructions you'll see where the amp is.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx man, i guess I am going to have to get that user manual for 20 dollars liek everyone else. :)

thx for the hint on the sub size, I am off to look for 10 inch woofers

·
Registered
34 Posts
smoketitan said:
thx man, i guess I am going to have to get that user manual for 20 dollars liek everyone else. :)

thx for the hint on the sub size, I am off to look for 10 inch woofers
Here is link for You with installation instructions for XM radio, it shows You exactly where amplifier is. Hope it is helpful
Titan XM installation

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
big thx man now i see exaclty where that darn amp is, it is a little more involved than I thought. thx again

·
Registered
124 Posts
not so bad...

I just finished installing the XM receiver which connects to the amp when all the smoke claers. Took me about 3 hours and I am no guru when it comes to electrical/component installs but you would not I installed it as I followed the instructions to the letter (with a little room for interpretation) and it went pretty smooth. I have added some of the pros and cons in a thread under visual modfications - check it out! :cheers:

·
Registered
295 Posts
MaxPowers said:
Wow, that is tiny if true. It would be better just to get an aftermarket one.
I found it to be a very loose sounding sub also but did not spend much time listening. Can those that have the sub comment on the sound, are you happy with it?

Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sub box rough size:
4 inches high (seat to floor no more than this)
14 inches wide
12 inches depth front to back

Larger box can be built 15 wide and 15 depth. Only thing to watch out for is the air duct in the center of box as I have the crew cab.

The sub grill measures 7.5 inches.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay now that I have the specs I amd defnitely almost there, but could someone confirm with me the size of the woofer ( 6, 8 or 10)

thx

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd vote for 6" or 8". I would think the larger the sub the larger the basket... and I haven't seen too many 10" subs that could fit in a 4" depth box without a little butter, hammering, and some paint. GRIN

I have the RF upgrade and am pretty well satisfied with the sound.

The count of speakers is 10 in the truck - 1 center, 1 per side of dash (2), 1 per front door (2), 2 per back door (4), and the sub.

Hope that helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts