Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
For those who may not know, you can buy 24 hours of access to the above link for $20 and then download as many service manuals as you want. You probably want to use the synchronize feature in Internet Explorer, or use your favorite web archiving tool. Yes, the Titan manual is NOT there yet, but give it some time.

·
Registered
493 Posts
service manual....

I went to the dealer thinking it would be around $50, well guess what it $240, and its not a book, its a cd and they said nissan contracts out to have it done...bulls----!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
The site above has the CD for $210 or the 3,338 page book for $295 or you can view online for $20 a day ($300/month). :crying:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cool. They just added it online today. I'm downloading it now. :) Though, it's in about a hundred different .pdf files, so it'll take a while...

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
stevnmd said:
Cool. They just added it online today. I'm downloading it now. :) Though, it's in about a hundred different .pdf files, so it'll take a while...
Let us know if it is worth $200 plus for what you get please.

Specifically I am looking for information on removing various pieces of the interior plastic like the ones on the "A" and "B" pillars and the different bezels. I am curious if they say which ones are clipped and which are 'glued' or screwed in place.

I was able to get some wiring under the headliner above the windshield and down the inside of the "A" pillar today to install the first of my Blue LED lights. I just want to know what I can pull off and what I cannot without damaging the part or if there is a specific order to doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
stevnmd said:

Hey you can email me the PDF if you want :crying: I have a cable connection...Sure would be nice :cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can subscribe for a 24 hour subscription. It's $20.

Be aware, Nissan does not let you simply download 1 .pdf for the entire manual. You have to view it section by section (44 of them) and save a copy of each section. I'm using full blown Acrobat, not the Acrobat reader. I'm not sure that just the reader would allow you to save a copy of each section...

PM me if you want more details. :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Got it. Now if I could figure out where they put the section of the vehicle that I actually need right now. :computern

·
Registered
662 Posts
Albert1234 said:
For those who may not know, you can buy 24 hours of access to the above link for $20 and then download as many service manuals as you want. You probably want to use the synchronize feature in Internet Explorer, or use your favorite web archiving tool. Yes, the Titan manual is NOT there yet, but give it some time.
So for the $20/day charge, can you actually DOWNLOAD the manual to burn onto a CD or does it only allow for online VIEWING (non-downloadable)?

·
Registered
129 Posts
dman said:
So for the $20/day charge, can you actually DOWNLOAD the manual to burn onto a CD or does it only allow for online VIEWING (non-downloadable)?
You have to save the 44 pdf files one at a time. I couldn't get Internet Explorer to synchronize them automatically. It took me about half an hour with my cable modem to download the 96,241,978 bytes.

After you save the files, you can burn them to cd, dvd, etc., or print them out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Regarding the full-blown Acrobat Reader/Writer versus the free Acrobat Reader, I actually had problems using version 6 of the full-blown version. I could read the table of contents but couldn't view any of the chapters. I switched to a different computer which had the free Acrobat Reader 5 and it worked just fine--I was able to view and save the files.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Albert1234 said:
You have to save the 44 pdf files one at a time. I couldn't get Internet Explorer to synchronize them automatically. It took me about half an hour with my cable modem to download the 96,241,978 bytes.

After you save the files, you can burn them to cd, dvd, etc., or print them out.
dont try that with a 56k :eek2:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just downloaded all of the files as well, but came up with 50 files at 97.4MB. Also downloaded the Navi and Owners Manuals and ECM Data Program...woohoo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts