Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is your Titan a crewcab or kingcab? How big is your bed? just curious if it would fit my kingcab, I'm in Canton, OH and I'm interested, let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Titan is a King Cab with the standard size bed. I think it is 6.5', but it is definitely not the long bed version.

2006 4x4 King Cab SE

Let me know,
Nick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS - This is a great tent. Manufactured to fit directly to the Titan, and it keeps you off the ground at night. I only used it a couple of times, and I used a queen inflatable bed in the back of the truck. Definitely luxury camping!

Nick

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thats pretty awsome. free bump!:bump:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I wonder if it'd be ok to idle the truck for a while and clamp on 20' worth of some sort of pipe/vent to the exhaust and leave the rear sliding window open to have heat/air?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wonder if it'd be ok to idle the truck for a while and clamp on 20' worth of some sort of pipe/vent to the exhaust and leave the rear sliding window open to have heat/air?
Yeah no that'd be fine for extra heat u can just run your silicone hose right into the tent. Just playin. I'd get a portable 12v heater and just plug it into the accessory outlet in the bed.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Yeah no that'd be fine for extra heat u can just run your silicone hose right into the tent. Just playin. I'd get a portable 12v heater and just plug it into the accessory outlet in the bed.
I'll make sure to buy this tent and do just that. Everything might smell like exhaust though. I'll also make sure to leave a note in the truck saying you told me it would be 100% fine to do that. lol jk

I don't have a bed outlet....Solution....Open back glass, run extension cord to inverter in cab. Voila!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm in East Texas, so the vast majority of the time my family and I go camping throughout the year, it's not too cold. It's too hot. At least, too hot for my wife and I to sleep comfortably (we keep the AC on 69 at home at night.
We're ordering the Truck Tent III, and this website:

High Tech Primitive Camping

helped me figure out how to get a small-amperage AC window unit to keep us perfectly cool at night. (Another battery along with an isolator)
We already had a small window unit (less than 5 amps) that we weren't using, and even if we needed to buy one, they're astronomically cheaper than "portable" AC units.
I figure with the 2 battery/ isolator setup I plan on having, I'll be able to run the AC unit for at least 2, if not 3 nights before I have to drive the truck around and recharge the secondary battery.

Plus, the whole side-benefit of being able to jump yourself off is the bees knees.

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Is the tent sold?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I am selling a like new Enel Adventure-1 tent. This is a great custom tent that is custom made for the Titan.

$135 shipped in the US
Looking forward to seeing it. Let me know soonest when you have some sort of tracking number. As stated I am leaving for trip with son and think this is gonna make it much more comfortable. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts