Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had some experience with toppers for my Titan, and I just wanted to share it with the TitanTalk community. First off, topper availability is not as broad for the Titan, as for other full-size pickups. After some looking around, I found out that Leer offers several toppers. They actually offer 4 different models, but the guy working the counter at the truck accessory shop in town, told me that they offer 2 -- the 100XQ and the 100R. The 100R is the less expensive model, with old-fashioned framed windows, and the 100XQ is the most expensive model with sleek, frameless side and rear windows. At the time I decided to go with the less expensive 100R. Then I went home and looked at the 100XQ on the Leer website, and decided that I was willing to spend the extra money for the smoother and more contemporary look of the 100XQ.

When my 100XQ came in, I was expecting a topper that looked like the stock photo for the topper on the website, but it did not. The possible confusion only exists with the 100XQ, as the others look like the stock photos of the toppers for the different truck models.

It turns out that there are actually 4 topper models offered by Leer for the Titan. In addition to the 100XQ there is the 100XL, the 100R, and the 180.

For some trucks, including the Titan, the 100XQ does NOT come with fiberglass all the way around the side windows. In the Titan for example, the side windows come all the way up to the cab, which looked retarded to me at first, but kinda grew on me with time. If I had to do it all again, I probably would have opted for the 100XL which has the sleek, contemporary frameless windows, BUT has fiberglass all the way around the side windows -- as I expected all along.

So anyone looking for a topper for your Titan, be warned that the 100XQ might not be what you expect by looking at the stock photos. If you want frameless windows but don't like the look of the side windows coming up all the way to the cab, you might want to consider the 100XL. And if you want the least expensive option, you should go with the 100R.

I wish I knew all the information when I purchased mine, and just wanted to make sure you didn't make the same mistake.

I originally wrote this post/thread with photos, but I do not have enough posts to allow me to post pictures. Therefore I had to rewrite it without pictures, which is not quite as clear.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got the 100R on my 05 CC. It worked out real nice for my dog, and it look good too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here are pics . . . hopefully:

Here is what the XQ will look like for the Titan:

Here is the stock photo for the XQ, which is NOT what you get for the Titan

Here is the stock photo for the XL, which is what it would look like for the Titan

Here is the stock photo for the 100R, which is what it would look like for the Titan

Here is the stock photo for the 180, which is what it would look like for the Titan

·
Registered
114 Posts
i am thinking about getting the 180 model does any one have this? if so please post what you thought or pictures. I am going with this model because i am hoping that my 4wheeler will fit inside with the shell on. The handle bars are my concern. Like most websites they dont list measurment for titan assesories. Ok let me know your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow. The XQ does look different. Thanks for the advice. I was looking to purchase the XQ for the same reasons. I think I'll opt for the XL. If you don't mind me asking, what were your price quotes? I think I'm getting fuc%@ed!!

·
Premium Member
20,597 Posts
Hmm, I would have to say that while the initial picture of the 100XQ on the Leer web site doesn't represent what I have I will also have to say that you didn't dig deep enough. This web page clearly shows the correct 100XQ on a Titan.

I really like the looks of the 100XQ on my Titan. It looks integrated with the rest of the truck. The paint match is right on too.

If you think you're getting screwed on the price of a 100XQ then it's probably the right price. They are dang expensive. Oddly enough the price is exactly the same if you're putting a 100XQ on a full 8' bed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
HRTKD. Could you please post a pic of your Titan? I have the same truck & color. I would like to see how the XQ looks. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,597 Posts
Here you go.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts