Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen two F-350's in the last couple of days that have the exact same tow mirrors as my Titan. Ford and Nissan must be digging into the same parts bin for some stuff.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
They look similiar, but I don't think thier the same the F-350's are bigger.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I bought a set aftermarket. Half of what the dealer wanted to charge. The guy I got them from told me they're made by the same outfit.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The mounting hardware looks exactly the same. The fords mirror is bigger and house a rounded shape to it though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I know that nissan uses quite a few visteon parts, but I don't know that the mirrors are made by visteon. It is very possible though that they are designed or manufactured by the same outfit. I also noticed today while in a buddy of mines f250 the mirrors were quite similar. I don't think they were the same though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The real question is 'are they interchangable?'

I would image that they are not. If the mounts are the same the wiring probably isn't. However the wiring is probably the easy part to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Steamguy said:
I bought a set aftermarket. Half of what the dealer wanted to charge. The guy I got them from told me they're made by the same outfit.
What brand are the aftermarket ones you bought? Where did you get them and do you have a picture? Thanks!:gunz:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think it is one outfit (Schefenacker?) that makes the extendable towing mirrors for all the major pickups. It seems like they've done exclusive deals lately, and you can normally only get the Nissan (and latest Ford) ones through the dealer.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Double Trouble nm said:
What brand are the aftermarket ones you bought? Where did you get them and do you have a picture? Thanks!:gunz:
The ones in the signature are the old ones I think; let me attach a pic of truck and trailer that shows the new(er) ones. They're extended in this pic.

I got them at Body Armor, a somewhat-local-to-me car and truck "upgrade" outfit that's in Vancouver, Washington. They're identical to the OE mirrors on the Big Tow trucks. It's been four years since I bought the set, and I have forgotten the name. But what Curmudgeon says here definitely rings a bell. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
FourDoor said:
According to this article, the tow mirrors are made by the same company. They are not exactly the same, but they are made at the same place:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2008/nissan/project/intro/page2.html
Exactly, they are made by the same company, and the two extendable arms are very very similar (if not the same). The mirror housings are NOT the same mirror though, and are definitely not interchangeable between the trucks. The manufacturer would have made different mounting bases to match the Nissan and Ford holes and doors.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have an f450 and titan w/ BT. the mirrors similar in shape the fords are more round. and the mounting holes are completely different

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
they are made by the same company and based out of Australia.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts