Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when slowing down, around 35 mph i get a vibration or roughness you can feel in the steering wheel. it's not the tires or brakes. when I get slower than that it feels like the trans shifts into a lower gear and the roughness stops. I have not taken it back to the dealer yet. anybody else noticed a similar problem like that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought a 2010 LE Crew Cab 4x4 that does the same thing, but I don't think it is the transmission. The drive shaft binds on some of these trucks and that causes a vibration in the 25-40 mph range. I think when the transmission shifts around 33 mph when coasting that it releases some of the pressure on the drive shaft so the vibration dissipates. There is a service bulletin out with a SUPPOSED fix for this NTB07-054b. The fix requires shimming the leaf springs which is supposed to relieve the driveshaft binding and the vibration. The dealer applied this fix to my truck and it helped but did not eliminate the vibration. They initially replaced the rear drive shaft and rebalanced the tires, but that had no affect. The dealer and engineers have run out of ideas to fix my truck. Hope you have better luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts