Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last year I was rear ended by a semi. Long story, short they replaced the frame on the truck. all is good with the exception of my transmission acting weird ever since.
It does not want to down shift right away on stops. If I have to stop quickly, I have to wait a second or two before it will shift back into first gear. If I take off before, it slips out of gear for a moment. I hope this makes sense to someone out there.
Another issue I notice is when I reverse out of my driveway or a parking spot, when I shift back into drive there is about a 2 second delay before I feel it engage. If I try to go sooner, it revs, then slams forward.
Once out driving, there are no issues out on the street or highway. It drives fine. It is only when stopping and take offs that I notice the issues. I have been babying the issue with patient starts and stops and all is well.
I know there is a problem though. I know the transmission was not like this before the accident, but I did notice it right after I got the truck back from the body shop. I have taken it back to the body shop to explain the issue, but they are denying they noticed an issue or did anything out of the ordinary (obviously). I have had Nissan check the fluids and everything is full with no problem with the fluid.
Without having to pay an arm and a leg to have Nissan take apart the whole transmission, does anyone have an idea where the problem lies and where I should look first?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
check your oil level that causes those problems if they replaced the frame they must have took out the driveshaft letting oil come out of the transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts