Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my buddies house the other night and one of his friends comes up with a new Honda Civic Si. It sounds loud so I'm curious. I ask him if he wants to race and he points at my truck and laughs and says "that big thing?" He tells me he has intake, exhaust, tune and its manual but I still want to race. We pull onto the high way and get goin 25 and honk honk honk I'm gone. I pull 3-4 lenghts up to 100. Then we go from 70 and again I'm gone. Hes face was priceless after we stopped and talked. He didnt won't anymore after that. I have superchip, banks ram air and flowmaster exhaust. Don't be affraid of Hondas.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Nice kill!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
not hard to outrun a civic SI really.

Put some longtubes on your truck and youll beat him even worse. It will actually make you giggle as you pull away from them.. or v8 mustangs with bad drivers lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bring your honda down and I'll spank it too. Little cars can't hang with big powerful trucks. Hell not even other big powerful trucks can hang with ours. You would have to do ALOT to a honda for it to out run my Titan or any Titan for that matter.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
i just traded in my 07 SI for the titan. im not saying the titan is slower, i actualy think they are very close, but those roleing speeds could not have been worse for the SI. from 25 he was probably in 2nd which is only abt 4k rpms and the car is in econobox mode until 5600rpm, but 1st gear ends at 33 so the shift woulda lost a bit of time. same with the 70 role. its right at the end of 3rd gear and its outta vtec in 4th. those cars are only quick if vtec is engaged, otherwise they are your everyday economy car. If u guys r willing to try again, start at 35 and 60. He should be in 2nd for 35mph and 3rd for 60 mph. you will probably still get him but it will be alot closer.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Bring your honda down and I'll spank it too. Little cars can't hang with big powerful trucks. Hell not even other big powerful trucks can hang with ours. You would have to do ALOT to a honda for it to out run my Titan or any Titan for that matter.
Really?

i/h/e tune i ran 14.17 @ 100 mph.

top that.

Timeslip at the ready when you deny.

Don't make stupid blanket statements like that... seriously.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Don't make stupid blanket statements like that... seriously.
+1^^^^^^^

lol, wanna bet on that? There's quite a few "other big powerful trucks" on here that will eat your Titan for a snack. I can see your happy for your win, but the blanket statements your making are far from true.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What are you guys running in these Titans? I mean it's a HIGH 15 second vehicle in stock form. You can tune it and put a cold air kit and full exhaust on it...that ain't going to drop a full second off of your quarter. I mean it MIGHT..but to expect a full second drop off of the quarter from those simple mods is being pretty generous. I see a lot of Titan owners saying they smoke 4.6 mustangs and what have you. I don't know what 4.6 Mustang you're racing, but you'll need a blower to beat my 4.6 Mustang. 99-04 GT with bolt ons, tune, gear, and good tire will run a good 13.5 and theres no way in HELL you're turning a 15.8 second truck anywhere close to a 13.5 second truck without a blower. Civic Si should've been more of a match than that, although like the other guy said they have some real dead spots in the rpm range. If you coulda rolled with him and the Civic started out at whatever speed would've started him at about 5000rpm, he would've beaten you. That particular Si SHOULD be good for about a 14.6, which honestly would've been a little out of reach for your Titan, all things held equal (ie good driver). 14.1 in an Si with h/i/e is.....FAST. I ain't saying the guy didn't run it, but its FAST.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
What are you guys running in these Titans? I mean it's a HIGH 15 second vehicle in stock form. You can tune it and put a cold air kit and full exhaust on it...that ain't going to drop a full second off of your quarter. I mean it MIGHT..but to expect a full second drop off of the quarter from those simple mods is being pretty generous. I see a lot of Titan owners saying they smoke 4.6 mustangs and what have you. I don't know what 4.6 Mustang you're racing, but you'll need a blower to beat my 4.6 Mustang. 99-04 GT with bolt ons, tune, gear, and good tire will run a good 13.5 and theres no way in HELL you're turning a 15.8 second truck anywhere close to a 13.5 second truck without a blower. Civic Si should've been more of a match than that, although like the other guy said they have some real dead spots in the rpm range. If you coulda rolled with him and the Civic started out at whatever speed would've started him at about 5000rpm, he would've beaten you. That particular Si SHOULD be good for about a 14.6, which honestly would've been a little out of reach for your Titan, all things held equal (ie good driver). 14.1 in an Si with h/i/e is.....FAST. I ain't saying the guy didn't run it, but its FAST.
wth are your talking about? There are titans running mid 13's all day on here w/out blowers! A headered, cammed t will run low to mid 13s. I run low 14's look at my mod list & yea I beat 99 to 04 stock mustangs all day long!

·
Registered
41 Posts
You bumped the timing, put on a CAI, took off the cats and did a little exhaust work and took 1.7 seconds off of the stock quarter mile time? That's a bit hard to believe. 317 peak HP and easily over 5000 lbs. Doesn't add up to me, I'm sorry. You're driving a 16 second truck man. MOtor work/cams, nitrous, FI, that sort of thing...ok, fine. But your mods and time don't add up to me. NOthing personal man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And if you're beating 99-04 GT's "all day long" 1) the driver must genuinely suck or 2) it must be an auto convertible. I have full exhaust (factory headers), 3.73s,a good 285 tire, CAI (worthless waste of money), 70mm TB, plenum, short shifter, and tune and I can run 13.5 fairly easily, without a perfect launch. That's a half second faster than stock. I've never heard of simple bolt ons taking nearly 2 damn seconds off the quarter as you are claiming. Come on man, those trucks aren't that detuned from the factory.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
And if you're beating 99-04 GT's "all day long" 1) the driver must genuinely suck or 2) it must be an auto convertible. I have full exhaust (factory headers), 3.73s,a good 285 tire, CAI (worthless waste of money), 70mm TB, plenum, short shifter, and tune and I can run 13.5 fairly easily, without a perfect launch. That's a half second faster than stock. I've never heard of simple bolt ons taking nearly 2 damn seconds off the quarter as you are claiming. Come on man, those trucks aren't that detuned from the factory.
Do you own a titan by chance?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
that ain't going to drop a full second off of your quarter. I mean it MIGHT..but to expect a full second drop off of the quarter from those simple mods is being pretty generous.
I don't know where you got this from, but i've dropped over a second off my 1/4 times since i first took it to the track w/ an intake & exhaust! So, say my Titan ran a 15.8 stock & i run a 13.8...that's -2 second's running N/A! :) LOL

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Dude look at the video in my sig. Yes they are detuned that bad. Plus have you ever seen a titans stock exhaust setup before the 07 models? You obviously haven't done any research on this site. Why are you on here? Do you own a titan? If not get off

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
The motors are heavily underrated. I don't know why Nissan underrated the engines. But there are titans on here dynoing 300 whp with few mods.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
I don't know where you got this from, but i've dropped over a second off my 1/4 times since i first took it to the track w/ an intake & exhaust! So, say my Titan ran a 15.8 stock & i run a 13.8...that's -2 second's running N/A! :) LOL
and .5 seconds of that is tires.

Meh.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts