Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Been reading these forums for quite awhile and finally decided to ask everyone a question? I'm pretty set on getting the Titan(KC 4X4, SE, Big tow, RF captains, off road, etc.), but just have some lingering likeness to the Ram Hemi 4X4. Wouldn't mind a few opinions on the subject to clear matters up. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh lord i can see the bashing coming! :boxing: LOL March 13th is the first test and tune at cecil county dragway. I will let you guys know if i see any titans up there. Maybe stevemd would like too meet me up there, and we can run them. He is close by. Take it easy on me or i will have too use blackmail as a option..

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
texag said:
Hello all,
Been reading these forums for quite awhile and finally decided to ask everyone a question? I'm pretty set on getting the Titan(KC 4X4, SE, Big tow, RF captains, off road, etc.), but just have some lingering likeness to the Ram Hemi 4X4. Wouldn't mind a few opinions on the subject to clear matters up. I appreciate it.
I think it all comes down to what fits your specific needs and personality the best. Both are great trucks in my opinion but I liked the value, 5 speed tranny, interior room, cargo capability and towing package items (like the kick *** mirrors and tranny temp gauge) that you don't get with other half tons. Plus, I'm a big fan of DOHC 32 valve V8's. They are truly an amazing peice of engineering.

Karl

·
Registered
144 Posts
BudmanHemi said:
Oh lord i can see the bashing coming! :boxing: LOL March 13th is the first test and tune at cecil county dragway. I will let you guys know if i see any titans up there. Maybe stevemd would like too meet me up there, and we can run them. He is close by. Take it easy on me or i will have too use blackmail as a option..
Ummmm... I'm not much of one for drag racing. Maybe someone else will race you though... The only tracks I visit are between 1 - 2.5 miles long and have lots of sharp turns... :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey, isn't that rrumaner's Titan! Nice pic...the truck doesn't look bad either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about comparing king cab's size with the Ram quad cab, how does it measure up? Pricing wise, do ya'll think the titan se king cab 4X4 offers more features for 30 thousand than a Ram 4X4?

·
Registered
622 Posts
TITAN all the way in my eyes. ram is a DC product, enough said. i'm currrently having it out with the ram guys at dodge truck world, its amazing the bias these guys have.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They are both very nice trucks..I am "guessing" you are going to get a lot of pro Titan here and pro Dodge on a Dodge board! We each have 20 to 30 thousand reasons as to why our brand is better ($$$). And just my opinion but going to a Dodge board and telling them why their 30,000 reasons are wrong and yours are right may be fun but it is not going to get you anywhere, just as if they came here and tried to do the same. That said my Titan is perfect, Dodges are unreliable, and Fords are slow and overpriced...LOL

Drive both and get the one that grabs you...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ti-tan said:
They are both very nice trucks..I am "guessing" you are going to get a lot of pro Titan here and pro Dodge on a Dodge board! We each have 20 to 30 thousand reasons as to why our brand is better ($$$). And just my opinion but going to a Dodge board and telling them why their 30,000 reasons are wrong and yours are right may be fun but it is not going to get you anywhere, just as if they came here and tried to do the same. That said my Titan is perfect, Dodges are unreliable, and Fords are slow and overpriced...LOL

Drive both and get the one that grabs you...
Okay, I'm a Dodge Ram owner and I can't wait to get the Titan. I've gotta pay off the wifes car in Oct. and then I'll be Ramless and full O' Titan

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
pyromedic said:
Okay, I'm a Dodge Ram owner and I can't wait to get the Titan. I've gotta pay off the wifes car in Oct. and then I'll be Ramless and full O' Titan

Take life by the horns. Get a Titan! :jester:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
texag said:
Hello all,
Go to www.deja.com (which is google groups) and search for "Dodge Ram ball joints"

That will give you a few opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Glad my wife doesn't read this forum. :jester:

Now, before you all start bashing me, I did trade a 99 Dodge Durango in for this Titan so I know that good/bad of Dodge and their power curve. I test drove a Ram and decided that with all the problems Dodge has with their ball joints I wasn't interested in them anymore. The Ram just doesn't compare to the Titan in any way, shape or form.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I looked at both before I made my Titan purchase. I could not get captain's chairs, VDC, Brake Force Distribution, and the great 5 speed transmission. I also really like the Utility bed. It is great to work with.

Neither are very good with fuel economy. But, the hemi seems to be worse.
The Titan has it's power right now while the hemi seems to come on later. The Titan feels much stronger in normal driving. The hemi will give it a serious race in a quarter mile because of it's top end power.

Price wise I think they will be close if you equip them the same. They are discounting Titan's more now so you just need to shop around. I purchased mine for $2500 under msrp. The deals will get better the longer they are out.

Overall my Titan is the best truck that I have ever owned so far. I have 2600 miles on it so I can't say much about durability yet. I also really like my RF and think it is better than the infinity for the Dodge.

Drive them both and see what you think.

·
Registered
108 Posts
JS02 said:
Drive them both and see what you think.
This is a great board.... I doubt you see many posts at Dodge Truck World or whatever it is telling prospective buyers to "Drive them both and see what you think." That says something about confidence in the product....

·
Registered
780 Posts
"Drive them both and see what you think."

"Drive them both and see ..." if the hemi-Dodge is worth the extra $3,000 to $7,000 more than the similarly equipped Titan. Hemi-Dodge is better than slow Ford and the 6.0L v8 Chevy/GMC's pretty good (@ $8,000 more, still slower than Titan), but the Titan rules them all, among all the half-ton and most of 3/4-ton gas truck market, esp. as 4x4s (the Chevy 8.1L v8 gas motor's stronger than Titan 5.6, but burns far more gas & oil).

for off-roading, weight to foot pound torque power ratio is important: Titan's only pulls 14 #s per each foot # of torque (5300#/379fp) and has stock 285/70/17 tires and, from April 4th, can get rear e-locker differential axle which is a huge innovation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts