Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to tell you all I was driving and went to speed up a little to get in time with the traffic lights and this dummy in a stang thought I was trying to race him I heard him down shift and he went by me then i floored it I caught him and blew by him then I slowed down to let him catch up and he would nt look at me.my exhaust note sounded so good bouncing of his ford . :smoke:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yup happens everyday lol. everyone says "watch out", but i think of them as noise makers not power makers. maby from a stoplight they could pull since they weigh so little, but if you get our pig rollin its game on! Go for a cobra next! in LA they all have puka shells and bleached blond tips haha. i dont waste my time unless their gfriend is with em

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
good kill --

I found one here that had a Supercharger, yep I found out when he floored it and left me behind.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
bluetitan said:
just wanted to tell you all I was driving and went to speed up a little to get in time with the traffic lights and this dummy in a stang thought I was trying to race him I heard him down shift and he went by me then i floored it I caught him and blew by him then I slowed down to let him catch up and he would nt look at me.my exhaust note sounded so good bouncing of his ford . :smoke:
i own a crown vic and that is more faster than my titan and raced a gt the dumbass did not even win

·
Registered
33 Posts
what mods do you have? and what year GT? A NEW GT from a stop would hand you your a--! and a cobra s/c'd? are you even serious?

I have friends who own all the above, I HAVE raced them, although, I am stock except for intake and exhaust, I get smoked everytime! Racing the s/c'd cobra isn't even a REAL race...

I don't know man, you must have some hefty mods, or, the GT was a dyno dog! or you stepped on it when he was slowing down??

Sorry man!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe an older GT...the new ones are pretty fast. Even the old non s/c cobras are fairly quick.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
fepony said:
Maybe an older GT...the new ones are pretty fast. Even the old non s/c cobras are fairly quick.
What exactley should the new GT mustang be running in the 1/4? I saw one a few weeks back running 14.5, hot and humid night run in Florida does this sound right or did he just screw a GT gas cap on it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not really sure. I don't want to just make something up. I have raced a few and they are low 14's? Just a guess since it was on the street...ooops...did i say that? :huh:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a friend that has an 06 GT. He has not taken it to a track but I did watch him get beat by an 07 srt8 charger by around a fender, both cars were bone stock as well and I have seen srt8 chargers run low low 13's stock. The new GT's are no joke, I also think the last body style were fairly quick as well. I think if it was a GT it must have been a mid to late 90's GT with the body style after the fox bodies (I think it's called the sn95) As for racing a cobra, If it's an 03 or 04 cobra then you would just get sodomized hard core by the ford.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I remember reading an article in either C&D or R&T and the new GT did something like a 13.8-9 in the 1/4mile. Don't remember the exact time but it was a comparison between the GT and the Hemi Charger, GT was in the high 13's and Charger was in the 14.3-4 second range.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Maybe it was a 6 with GT emblems. At speed they weigh less, more areodynamic and not to mention we are out of our peek power.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am calling BS on this one, sorry man. You have to look for dual tips or else it's just a 6 with GT badges. They have 300hp, weigh less, are more aerodynamic and have smaller diameter tires. No way your truck is beating that :smoke:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stock they do about 13.5 - 13.7 in the quarter and 4.9sec 0-60 (as advertised by ford). 1st & 2nd gears are short (4.9 0-60) so a stop light to stop light is usually in the GT's favor if it can get traction.

They get an honest 30rwhp with an intake and tune.

I doubt the OP beat an new one much less reeled one in.
edit: here is that GT vs. Charger article
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0508_muscle_cars_comparison/specs_price.html

Mine:

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeh the GTs are not an easy kill... I raced my buddes auto 01 GT and barley beat him it was almost even... and I also have ran into a late 90s cobra stock and he reeled me in to about a car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The new stangs in Guam with superchargers are hitting the 1/4 in the low 13's. The Ford dealer just brought in the new GT500 Cobra. Way too far for our Titan's league.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts