Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I ran a titan saturday night at the track & figured I would post it :hi:

I only ran a 12.0 pass on that run but ya still get the picture. Mine has slowed down since the new gears but did manage a 11.99 last week on the 125 shot.

Btw my buddy who took & posted the vid made the title. I dont ever use the words I smoked something...Just sounds dumb, retarted, ignorant, etc so dont pay any attention to the title of the vid.

YouTube - Dodge Ram smoking a Titan

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nice Kill! You did smoke him! "...only a 12.0 pass." :) LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Kill! "...only a 12.0 pass." :) LOL
Yea I was hoping for atleast 11.8's this winter but thats not going to happen. I went from 4.10's to 4.56's like an idiot b/c I jumped on the forum bandwagon & didnt listen to my gut. Since the gears I went from turning 6200ish on the 150 shot when I cross the line to 6600 on the 125 shot when I cross the line. They are awesome out the hole but on the big end not so much. I cant run the 150 shot anymore b/c it will be turning too many rpms at the line. I will be switching back to 4.10's pretty soon so I can run the 150 shot again

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Interesting... With my T, it will get to around 5500rpms 's in 3rd. as i cross the line running the 1/4. Right before the 4th. gear shift. It's about the perfect setup gear wise!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting... With my T, it will get to around 5500rpms 's in 3rd. as i cross the line running the 1/4. Right before the 4th. gear shift. It's about the perfect setup gear wise!
Sweet. The 4.10's were perfect for me but noooo I just had to try something different & screw it all up lol

1.58-1.61 60's are pretty fun w/ the new gears though...lol

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well I ran a titan saturday night at the track & figured I would post it :hi:

I only ran a 12.0 pass on that run but ya still get the picture. Mine has slowed down since the new gears but did manage a 11.99 last week on the 125 shot.

Btw my buddy who took & posted the vid made the title. I dont ever use the words I smoked something...Just sounds dumb, retarted, ignorant, etc so dont pay any attention to the title of the vid.

YouTube - Dodge Ram smoking a Titan

The video title is correct, you blew his doors off...lol. I wonder what mods the Titan was running, very similar ET to mine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The video title is correct, you blew his doors off...lol. I wonder what mods the Titan was running, very similar ET to mine.
Idk. I know he had exhaust that sounded like pure crap. It was very poppy & rednecky. :ftard:

Other than that idk what mods he had. He was running 14.6-14.9 all night

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Holy 60ft! That's pretty damn impressive. Didn't expect you to run thAt kind of 60ft. Cutouts? Pretty damn loud truck you got there:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The truck has been cutting 1.58-1.61 60's since the 4.56's & step down to the 125 shot. The next time out I'm going to run the 150 shot & try for a 1.55 or better 60' & just let out of the nitrous before the line so i wont be turning so many rpms at the line

Yea that is a cutout. The exhaust consist of lt headers, no cats, 3" y pipe into a single cutout then a magnflow 6" long race muffler thats dumped over the axle

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey Jordan, shouldn't the title be "Highly modded Ram smoking a Titan"? :)

That way you won't give the folks driving a stock ram the illusion that their trucks are fast. FWIW, no trucks are that fast stock or with a few light mods in general, so don't take my comment the wrong way folks. They are fast considering the weight they are dragging around, but in a normal perspective of just pure factory speed, we're not that fast. With the exception of the lightning and SRT that is......

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mine isnt really highly modified. Just cam only, bolt ons & a 125 shot. Highly modified would be a bigger stroker motor w/ forged internals spraying a 200 shot. Mine is a pretty simple build really. Stock heads, stock intake manifold, not too big of a stall. I do see what your saying though but yall always have some crazy off the wall kill stories posted & this was the 1st titan i ever caught on tape so figured i would join the ranks of posting a kill story. Mine isnt over the top like racing a 9 sec vette or lambo just to hear it or being a dbag & revving up at someone or street racing period.

Like i said i cant stand the term i "smoked" a car. Thats all Jordan. Lol It just sounds so 16 yr old rice w/ a stock civic w/ a fart can thinking its "da bomb" jersy shore fist pumping dbag too me...but thats just me though lol. A kill sounds dumb too. Ya didnt go out in the woods & shoot something. Lol I always just say "i raced a" or "i ran a"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yea I was hoping for atleast 11.8's this winter but thats not going to happen. I went from 4.10's to 4.56's like an idiot b/c I jumped on the forum bandwagon & didnt listen to my gut. Since the gears I went from turning 6200ish on the 150 shot when I cross the line to 6600 on the 125 shot when I cross the line. They are awesome out the hole but on the big end not so much. I cant run the 150 shot anymore b/c it will be turning too many rpms at the line. I will be switching back to 4.10's pretty soon so I can run the 150 shot again
If i were you just wait till they come out with a bigger tire. Ill be calling Hoosier and see if they have atleast a 29"-30" tires. I would get the M&H 390 tire which is a 30" but that its like 500 dollars for both

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine isnt really highly modified. Just cam only, bolt ons & a 125 shot. Highly modified would be a bigger stroker motor w/ forged internals spraying a 200 shot. Mine is a pretty simple build really. Stock heads, stock intake manifold, not too big of a stall. I do see what your saying though but yall always have some crazy off the wall kill stories posted & this was the 1st titan i ever caught on tape so figured i would join the ranks of posting a kill story. Mine isnt over the top like racing a 9 sec vette or lambo just to hear it or being a dbag & revving up at someone or street racing period.

Like i said i cant stand the term i "smoked" a car. Thats all Jordan. Lol It just sounds so 16 yr old rice w/ a stock civic w/ a fart can thinking its "da bomb" jersy shore fist pumping dbag too me...but thats just me though lol. A kill sounds dumb too. Ya didnt go out in the woods & shoot something. Lol I always just say "i raced a" or "i ran a"

Ill show them what a highly modified HEMI runs with my new set up....I smell low low low 11's or even a high high 10 on bottle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If i were you just wait till they come out with a bigger tire. Ill be calling Hoosier and see if they have atleast a 29"-30" tires. I would get the M&H 390 tire which is a 30" but that its like 500 dollars for both
It would be real nice to have 29"+ true slick. I cant use 390's on mine b/c of the 5/8 drop. I couldnt tuck them

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Every titan i've seen around here has redneck exhaust on it. :(
I know the 1 at the track had the redneck clap bad lol. You can hear it in the vid i posted. All ya can hear til i get by the line is my truck but if you notice right around that time you can hear the titan in all its poppy glory

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I would have to say the Titan is pretty quick for a stock truck. I saw other Chevy and Fords running 17s while I ran 15.6 @ 87mph stock in my Titan at San Antonio Raceway 2 weeks ago. Not bad I think.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Titans are fast given the the aftermarket they have. You guys (Titan owners) shouldn't feel compelled to defend the titan in this instance. Gary has a fast truck, he was running a lightly modded titan...outcome was expected. The vid was more to showcase the fact that Gary ran a 12.0 @112...he's trapping high enough for an 11 pass. I just added in the whole "beating a titan" part for S's & G's...plus it'll probably get bookoo views on YouTube :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts