Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: pics on page 6

i wasn't driving.

i let my cousin borrow my truck to help his mother in law move out.
he went to work this morning and told his younger bro-in-law to take it just a few miles back to his house. he lost control and hit a pole. it's been raining. i've expressed concern over the nitto's in wet weather before; i've lost traction several times from a dead stop, especially when it's tuned w/ the gobs of torque it's capable of. my cousin thinks he was driving way too fast, and as you can see he hit pretty hard. police said he skid about 270ft. i should have reprogrammed to the economy tune. hindsight is 20/20 right...
the kid is shaken up and has a few cuts from the window breaking but so far is ok. i'm sure he'll be feeling it tomorrow. i hope he's insured, especially since he hit public property.

anyone wanna take a guess as to how much this is gonna be? :teethmast if need be, my insurance will completely cover it (no doubt the kid will take care of the $500 deductible).

i haven't even seen the truck yet, all i have is this pic.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The frame looks bent or maybe its just the angle.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
couple more pics

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah I agree with Vilim. With the way the whole cab is tweaked like that they might just consider it a loss... who knows tho, shops can do amazing things these days!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank goodness for gap insurance.

the steering wheel is freaking bent, omg. the pic from the inside looks pretty bad. he hit HARD.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i asked my cousin if it looked like the frame was bent, he said it seemed to be pointing pretty straight. it looks mighty tweaked to me too but i figured it was just the angle of the pic. guess i'll find out soon enough. soon as i'm told where they towed it to i'll be heading down there w/ cam in hand.

villim, how's your T drive after your accident? they fixed her up, right?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww man. I was looking forward to seeing this truck in HB!:crying: This sucks. I hope everything works out for you.
thanks, 619. i was looking forward to going :( we'll see what happens i guess *siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Ouch, sorry it happened. Since it's a 2008.5, they might want to fix it if the repair costs are under 12 grand or so.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Damn bro' I'm sorry to see that. Have to agree, it looks pretty bad. Hope everything works out for you.

L

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Three people have drivin my truck other than the people at the dealer... My wife has never even been behind the wheel of it if that tells you something... I'm not saying that there is no one I would let borrow my truck but in your situation, call me what you will but the cousin would have his N**S split hard with a size 13 steel toe if not worse and the kid might not be able to walk again…

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Be careful, I see vultures circling...about to ask if you want to part it out!

That's crappy...you have one of the best trucks on the forum with the black on white look. Hopefully the insurance takes care of it.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Aww gimme, that friggin sucks...sorry to see that...

You have the Terragraps right? I loved mine, I thought they were unbelievable on wet roads!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
wow he hit hard! that sucks to see. i loved the way your truck looked. i hate to say it but that cab is ruined and the frame is most likly bent..im guessing its going to be totaled

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Awe Gimme, you're O.G. 'round here. That sux bro.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
gabby im so sorry!! i feel like crying for you, seriously. yea i don't let no one drive my T except my better half. i've had a couple friends drive it before and just because of the sound of my exhaust alone, makes them drive it harder than they should. so i cut that shiet off.

damn 270ft skid is F'n crazy. that's 9 telephone pole lengths. i would seriously kick some a$$.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
shiet i feel like kickin someones a$$ for you.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My condolences.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts